Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King ET

Non vanilla Gmod server

Playing Gmod on the servers is great but maybe a non vanilla server would be fun, possibly with non minecraft maps. While vanilla is fun for newbies and veterans alike some variety would be great. Don't get me wrong i like not having to wait 10hrs on a download hoping my game doesn't freeze but a couple of additions would be nice.  I know staff runs thin at certain hours (as it gets later i understand admins have to get off so this might be a future thing) and it gets hard to manage the 2 existing servers.

General weapons 

More weapons in general would be great so people wouldn't go only for the shotgun or sniper rifle and add some variety to game play

TTT - CS:S Weapon Pack (great weapon pack includes the following unfortunately the pack requires css to see , see below)

- TTT - CS:S AUG 

- TTT - CS:S FAMAS

- TTT - CS:S GALIL

- TTT - CS:S SG552

- TTT - CS:S G3SG1

- TTT - CS:S SG550

- TTT - CS:S P90

- TTT - CS:S MP5

- TTT - CS:S TMP

- TTT - CS:S P228

- TTT - CS:S Detective M3

Traitor Weapons

-Jihad (heard a couple of others ask for this one by name)

-TTT - CS:S Traitor AWP (just fun to use in general)

-TTT - CS:S Traitor AK47

-Instakill knife (another thing asked for by people)

-[TTT] M4 SLAM (Tripmine + Remote C4)

-Explosive Melon Launcher TTT Edition

-[TTT] Hermes Boots (Passive Perk) (ups movement speed by 30% maybe op but cool)

Detective weapons. (this one was lacking as far as people making addons but detective is kind of a delicate static role, too much interference and the game is ruined.)

TTT Detective Model (this would just be cool)

-[TTT] Hermes Boots (Passive Perk) (same thing as above, it works in both shops)

Though a point shop is a component in some servers its both a both good and bad addition to the server so pro's and con's list (I've heard people go both ways with this is why i included it

Pros

- Rewards players for their time on the server

- A fun thing to look at waiting for next round

- game gubs are awesome

Cons

- skins and items remove the kos this person aspect due to people can just call out skin or what gubs they have

- separates users newbies from vets

-(people may get discouraged by high point values) 

extra

TFlippy's TTT Legacy Weapon Pack (just a bunch of cool guns, this is a stretch and a huge download but would be a cool new weapon pack for the server.)

Gun Stats for TTT and DarkRP (I just found this one nice so you have an idea of what you're picking up.)

Thank you for your time and or consideration, i will be more than happy to help test if needed. If i find more ideas i will add them. Feel free to suggest I will add and give credit.

We had a custom server, it didn't do too well, we discontinued it and replaced it with a vanilla server, it's doing considerably better, although i'd like a custom server back, i fear it won't happen.