Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JFK

CPAC follows Berkeley in violating free speech of man endorsing pedophilia.

33 minutes ago, JFK said:

I'm sorry Yunki, but anyone defending Milo by resorting to whataboutism and creating false equivalences is the same as admitting there's really no way to defend what Milo said. Even if they weren't false equivalences, two wrongs don't make a right.

Milo and Takei described what happened to them and that they enjoyed it. That's where the similarities end. If we're seriously bringing up Lena Dunham as if she's some relevant figure, she was a 7 year old child when she did gross creepy things with her sister's vagina and obviously had less understanding of what she was doing than the grown adults Milo refers to. Additionally, no one should feel better about Milo condoning pedophilia because a 14 year old and 7 year old they don't like as adults did something kinda similar, but not really.

The whataboutism argument fails not just because whataboutism is a Russian propaganda technique used to deflect criticism, but because Takei, Lena Dunham, or whatever name that can be remotely associated with liberalism never went so far as to state grown adults having sex with thirteen year olds can be okay. Takei or Dunham never talk about how when a teen has reached puberty, it's not pedophila anymore. They never retort that it's kids that are commonly the predators while the adults are the victims, like Milo did. Neither of the two went on a fifteen minute rant in two separate videos to conclude that cross generational relationships with boys and men can not only be consensual, but good as well.

Finally, I'm not exactly sure why George Takei and Lena Dunham's names are being thrown out by alt-right communities as if it's some shocking evidence that this dilemma is about the left being no better than the right. No one touts any of those two up as liberal heroes while Milo has an entire cult of personality behind him and is touted as the father of the alt-right for young adults.

I'll give you that Salon shouldn't have deleted their articles on how pedophiles won't always take action on their impulses. There's a reason why I don't use them as a source of information.

No need to apologize, only parts of what I typed in that response were my actual opinions, I'm just bring about more points a defender of Milo would bring up to keep this all going. 

To be quite honest with you, my memory in regards to the podcast (Both Milo and Takei) is not serving me well. I don't want to leap to conclusions or assumptions based on what I think I remember, and I lost interest in this subject faster than I expected so I don't plan on re-watching it. With that said though, you bring up a fair point about how Lena is irrelevant to this situation; the way I originally intended her presence to fit in this whole mess is that she is a voice of the left, just like Takei, and has had personal experience in child sexual abuse (her as the perpetrator), and she isn't being pinned against the wall for it. Trying to tie hypocrisy into it I guess, but still, doesn't change the fact that Milo still said what he said on those podcasts. 

If you're bored and haven't done it yet, I suggest you check out his resignation speech from Breitbart. From what I remember, he did a good job explaining (covering up?) everything.

All this said though, Milo is not going away. He probably gained fans through this all.