Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MistaChang

USB-C

So I got a new phone, and the USB is a newer type of port, named the USB - C. It clicks in to lock. I find it jiggles up and down, and side to side. I am wondering if this is normal, or if someone else has USB - C, and can shed their experience.

Falling back on my extensive USB related experience, I think I can answer this question thoroughly.

It's probably loose.

It seems like it should somewhat, but I called technical support of the company and they said it does, however I don't know if they lied or not. If it gets worse I can get it repaired for like $79. It has jiggled since I have got the phone.

Does it still charge? How bad does it wiggle?

My phone has the type c connector and it does wiggle a little bit but only very slightly and never worried me. It might depend on the cable you are using. It shouldn't "snap". That is not part of the specs.

While Type C is reversible be careful with cheap cables. The actual cables might be cheap USB 2.0 cables and I have heard that sometimes with these cheap ones you might have to flip it to get more amps and thus faster charging. I'm not sure if that is true as I have never experienced it.

It charges perfectly fine and really fast, it just has a slight wiggle and I wasn't sure if it was faulty or not. Thanks for the input guys, I won't worry about it anymore.

mine doesn't wiggle at all, it's a fairly tight fit. I'm using high quality usb-c cables though (i need the transfer speed)