Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

water.exe

My late xmas gift to myself

1 hour ago, Don Juan said:

Holy!! Nice card! Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my 1060 :)

Same ^

Yea that card will run any game that you throw at it! I hope you have a 4k or 1440p monitor to get the full experience of that card! 

59 minutes ago, FreeLancer said:

Same ^

Yea that card will run any game that you throw at it! I hope you have a 4k or 1440p monitor to get the full experience of that card! 

getting a monitor with tax returns, plan on getting the asus rog swift p279q

7 hours ago, FreeLancer said:

Same ^

Just to avoid misinformation, not even a 1080 can push 4k at 60 fps.

13 hours ago, Swed said:

Swed I know that a single 1080 cant push 4k@60fps even over displayport but I feel safe doing 2k and maintaining at least 60.

17 hours ago, Swed said:

4 hours ago, water.exe said:

Swed I know that a single 1080 cant push 4k@60fps even over displayport but I feel safe doing 2k and maintaining at least 60.

Maybe i should have restated what i said, i meant 4k for video, and 1440p for games. But 2k should run just fine.

On 12/31/2016 at 0:16 AM, Swed said:

for the sake of arguing, my 960 can push 4k @ 60fps (note, i did not specify a particular game or graphic setting).  the factors that would reduce or limit this would be graphics quality settings, physics of the game, etc.

51 minutes ago, driz said:

for the sake of arguing, my 960 can push 4k @ 60fps (note, i did not specify a particular game or graphic setting).  the factors that would reduce or limit this would be graphics quality settings, physics of the game, etc.

Same concept as intel or amd claiming they can boot a cpu overclock at just the windows screen and mark it as stable yet it could crash if you played a game.