Sign in to follow this  
ThatOllieWhoDies

Reverting Back to October (pre component) patch

I was thinking maybe if not that many important or game changing updates come out this Thursday then maybe is it possible for the server to revert back to the update before components was added? As of recent, the servers has gotten stale as there is less raiding even on a 3x server. It takes way too long to farm up pipes and tech trash this wipe. This will also give some of the new players to try out the old rust before components and give them more of a chance to join in on the raids (pls no offline, thanks).

Karma mentioned that she wouldn't want to do that as FacePunch pushes out updates on a regular basis and that's why I suggested to do this if

1) No Major updates/balance changes are made

2) large majority of the people that vote are in favor of this change for one wipe and one wipe only

3)if it's even possible

Can someone make a poll of it as I am on mobile?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, ThatOllieWhoDies said:

I was thinking maybe if not that many important or game changing updates come out this Thursday then maybe is it possible for the server to revert back to the update before components was added? As of recent, the servers has gotten stale as there is less raiding even on a 3x server. It takes way too long to farm up pipes and tech trash this wipe. This will also give some of the new players to try out the old rust before components and give them more of a chance to join in on the raids (pls no offline, thanks).

Karma mentioned that she wouldn't want to do that as FacePunch pushes out updates on a regular basis and that's why I suggested to do this if

2) large majority of the people that vote are in favor of this change for one wipe and one wipe only

3)if it's even possible

Not going to happen. The main branch of the game has the biggest population. I've seen this game change a million times. You'll get used to the changes and come to expect them. The xp system was not perfect either. 

On 11/16/2016 at 4:33 AM, ThatOllieWhoDies said:

3)if it's even possible

The loot table alteration you saw happen two nights ago was a test for a new plugin. This new plugin will allow us to alter the drop rate for components once we tweak it. As we go it will be refined further for balance.