Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tacky

800-850$ PC

My cousins birthday is in 3 weeks and with some of the money I've got from CS:GO I want to surprise him with a decent Gaming PC. We used to only play mine craft because he had a school laptop but after me telling him about CS:GO, G-mod, Over watch, and Rust. So I was wondering if any of you guys could give me ideas for parts.

Info Needed-

• Wants to play CS:GO, G-Mod, Rust, and Overwatch
  • My budget is only 850$ because I'm using other 150$ to get him games.
  • Parts not pre-made

Thank You in advance to everyone that helps me with this project.

49 minutes ago, Destin said:

If you don't want premade parts then you'll need a lot of PCB and a soldering gun

Lolz, all parts are premade, if your looking for custom parts then they maybe a little extra depending on what you get. There are some PCs that are pre built that cost less than 1000$ online. For recommendations is look for the PCs that have a good CPU processor, Graphics card and motherboard. *Correct me if I'm wrong* But the rest should be fine with just basic parts. But for storage, I really love SSDs now HDD are cheaper but SSDs have faster loading times so meaning you could load your applications faster but with a price $$$. If you need more recommendations for PCs just PM and I'll help you out, I've helped my friends and they love their PCs.

1 minute ago, ๖ۣBanana Joe™ said:

Lolz, all parts are premade, if your looking for custom parts then they maybe a little extra depending on what you get. There are some PCs that are pre built that cost less than 1000$ online. For recommendations is look for the PCs that have a good CPU processor, Graphics card and motherboard. *Correct me if I'm wrong* But the rest should be fine with just basic parts. But for storage, I really love SSDs now HDD are cheaper but SSDs have faster loading times so meaning you could load your applications faster but with a price $$$. If you need more recommendations for PCs just PM and I'll help you out, I've helped my friends and they love their PCs.

woosh

1 hour ago, Destin said:

If you don't want premade parts then you'll need a lot of PCB and a soldering gun

Comedy aside, this is my build. It runs CS:GO, GMod and Overwatch perfectly (haven't played Rust but I imagine it would work fine).

Processor: i5-4570 4-Core 3.2 GHZ

Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Motherboad: Gigabyte H87 *Not avaliable on Amazon

RAM: Corsair Vengance 8GB

Hard Drive: WD Blue 1TB

Graphics Card: GTX 660 Superclocked 2048 MB GDDR5

Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series 600 Watt

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430

All these parts were ~$600. If he already has a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, I'd recommend upgrading the processor, graphics card, or buying an SSD.

If you need any recommendations for upgrades, let me know.

6 hours ago, Moosin said:

Comedy aside, this is my build. It runs CS:GO, GMod and Overwatch perfectly (haven't played Rust but I imagine it would work fine).

Processor: i5-4570 4-Core 3.2 GHZ

Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Motherboad: Gigabyte H87 *Not avaliable on Amazon

RAM: Corsair Vengance 8GB

Hard Drive: WD Blue 1TB

Graphics Card: GTX 660 Superclocked 2048 MB GDDR5

Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series 600 Watt

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430

All these parts were ~$600. If he already has a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, I'd recommend upgrading the processor, graphics card, or buying an SSD.

If you need any recommendations for upgrades, let me know.

I have extra benq monitor and gaming mouse and keyboard so what would that be?

acerpredator.jpg

This shit is probably much older than your cousin. (Oh the nostalgia). 

Jokes aside, 850 bucks for the PC itself is a pretty good leg room to build a pretty powerful PC. Here's what I recommend. (Even better, you can build the PC with your cousin if he's willing to learn!) 

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/KPB4gL

This amounts to $820-$825 and you're getting the RX480. You can always get the Operating system for around $20 at kinguin's website. 

The case/GPU can always be changed to something similar or cheaper, but the RX480 is a very decent card and I happened to intern at GlobalFoundries and help work on the 10nm chip manufacturing process, so you'll reap the benefit from my small contribution! 

6 hours ago, Tacky said:

I have extra benq monitor and gaming mouse and keyboard so what would that be?

Then you have a lot of room for upgrades. If you go with my build then upgrade the graphics card/motherboard/processor. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/n6cmLD

That's what I would use, but you would have to buy a wifi adaptor, you would use $570 at most having 230 to buy him a decent monitor and keyboard and mouse.

A GTX 950 for $180.... for an extra $20 you can get the 4GB RX 480..... come on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, VEGEMITEKILLER said:

(Even better, you can build the PC with your cousin if he's willing to learn!) 

BOI i built mine but thank you for ur build idea