Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyX6942

Surf Server Ideas Mrk. II

Building upon the topic discussed in the last post, I've come up with this basic draft, but first I want to explain my reasoning behind everything. Everything on the list is fairly expensive due to the fact that in DM its fairly easy to get kills, and you still get cash every respawn, though you never spend any of it on guns. The only truly cheap thing is spawn protection, but even then I was iffy about that. Too short and it wont do anything, too long and your giving advanced players brief immortality if they decide to jump into the other team's spawn. For the skins, I didn't want to go too small, or else people could whore the crap out of them. I remember they used to have an orange, which they took off cause it was just ridiculously overpowered. I don't know exactly how to tweak levels. I've been a high lvl player for so long I barely remember how difficult it was climbing up. I'd like to get some feedback from players who've played surf before, both only for a short time (what can we add in to keep you there) and longtime players (what can we keep to keep you to stay)? The last think I'm not sure about is banking. The server I used to play on used to have a bank, and it gave interest, so if you had a lot of money in there, you were making tons, and it usually just ended up people whoring cash so they could blow it all on levels. If we keep a bank, its just another way to keep people coming back, but the cash flow might be fast enough just playing regularly that it might not even be needed, and may take the focus off lvl whoring.

I. Skins

a. Tree -10k

b. Couch - 12k

c. Coffee Table - 12k

d. Bench - 12k

e. Computer Case - 16k

f. Computer Monitor - 16k

II. Upgrades

a. Speed - Make the cap 200%

i. 200% 10k

ii. 175% 9k

iii. 150% 8k

iv. 125% 7k

b. HP - Make the cap 600 hp

i. Max your HP - 40/1hp

ii. 100 - 4k

iii. 200 - 8k

iv. 300 - 12k

v. 400 - 16k

c. Gravity - max 200%?

i. 200 - 10k

ii. 175 - 9k

iii. 150 - 8k

iv. 125 - 7k

III. Special

a. No-Clip

i. 10 sec v 16k

ii. 7 sec - 14k

iii. 3 sec - 10k

iv. 1 sec - 7k

b. Spawn Protection (Additional) (Applies to next spawn)

i. 4 sec - 4k

ii. 2 sec - 2k

iii. 1 sec - 1k

c. Levels

i. If Under 500 lvls total, 5 lvls - 16k

ii. If Over 500 lvls, 1 lvl - 16k

I like the idaes, that I and I have most of them done already lol. Exactly how do you want all this to be implemented? What style of menu, is there a script you already have in mind? Are any of theses duration longer than a round or death?

-Audio

Goddamn it, I had like a page long post and then my dog walked by, bumped my mouse, and deleted all my work... maybe I can make it more streamlined this time. First of all, you should access this menu just like propmenu, just type a word into chat and it'll open it up, you cant think of the word. Secondly, the way it should be accesed or whatever is that you have one main menu listing 1Skins 2Upgrades 3Special, which takes you to a second page where each sub category is listed like all the skins, or speed, gravity or HP, which then takes you to a third page where you can select how much (the exception being skins, where you only need two). Everything except levels ends when you die. Lastly, all of this is still for review, if there is anything you think would be cool to have, or something you could tweak, I dunno, acceleration or something like that, I don't know the Source engine that well, feel free to add it. This especially applies to skins, the ones I came up with were just ones I knew. I hardly know any of the models, so if you think there are any you could add, like traffic cones or whatever, feel free to do that too. Just don't make them too small or it becomes really unfair, especially when you add the RPG invis into the mix.

Sounds like a fucking bad ass idea for the noobs .. I love it.. That will sure keep them here.. BUT how long is the duration of the skins and stuff? 10 deaths ? a map ?