Sign in to follow this  
Your Czar Salad

Vanilla TTT West Server is having a few issues

I've been playing on the LA TTT Vanilla server and it's been having a few issues, I get it's been moved recently and it probably has some things to work out but I figured I'd post about it anyway. It started out with just simple lag and it eventually ended up with people lagging out due to various reasons, once that happened the next 2/3 rounds had: 

• no roles assigned
  • anyone was able to kill anyone at any time
  • getting stuck in the tab menu
  • getting stuck in the previous round after a new round started with or without roles assigned
  • preparing -> waiting instead of preparing -> I/D/T
  • light yellow chat for everyone (yellow stuff)
  • many/repeating? lua errors (don't know what's important but here's some http://pastebin.com/jmAhUaAb)

Unrelated issue maybe?

• health station spawns on the detectives head and doesn't get affected by gravity (it's actually kinda funny)
  • possibly no admin chat? -Asarolol (seems to work with me and hobo but who knows)
  • logs use the larger gun names (weapon_zm_revolver instead of deagle)

I honestly don't know what's important but I figured I'd post this incase it helps out somehow.

Edited by Indigo

I have the same Issues :S, but I have some lag too (Not my interntet). And everybody start leaving the game at one point. Also idk if we have admin chat :S.

Edited by Asarolol

@driz

I tried pinging you in slack the dbs seem to be messed up, for example asests.joinsg.net/tttdamage is throwing a connection error

Im not home this weekend and my internet here is completely crap so i cant do much

Edited by ZachPL

23 hours ago, ZachPL said:

@driz

I tried pinging you in slack the dbs seem to be messed up, for example asests.joinsg.net/tttdamage is throwing a connection error

Im not home this weekend and my internet here is completely crap so i cant do much

yes, you never updated the db host in your config.php; that wouldn't cause the issues described above though. although, i will fix tttdmg

7 hours ago, driz said:

yes, you never updated the db host in your config.php; that wouldn't cause the issues described above though. although, i will fix tttdmg

Oh duh, i'm looking at everything now

We are having some problems again with the server, this time, alive people can chat with dead people :S. (Nevermind...)

Edited by Asarolol

The only real problem I've noticed with gmod ttt is the end of round message board the announces who won with the round highlights want popup at the end of every round. Multiple people on the server also get the same issue.

13 hours ago, gca said:

The only real problem I've noticed with gmod ttt is the end of round message board the announces who won with the round highlights want popup at the end of every round. Multiple people on the server also get the same issue.

Doesn't it usually pop up at the end of every round?

4 hours ago, ZachPL said:

Doesn't it usually pop up at the end of every round?

@ZachPL

• No Not always, sometime it does, sometime it didn't pop up at the end of round.

• Sometime players's karma will stuck. Karma won't change between rounds, karma finally change when the map change.

For example one player got to 575 karma at round 4, then it stuck that way for other 4 rounds, after map change it change to 960.

• I'm pretty sure you know about health station stuck in middle of air. =P

Players can't see my name, I can't use zoomsuit to call players out, had to slay myself to fix that

Hope that helps to figure out what the problem is.

Edited by krony

8 hours ago, krony said:

@ZachPL

• No Not always, sometime it does, sometime it didn't pop up at the end of round.

• Sometime players's karma will stuck. Karma won't change between rounds, karma finally change when the map change.

For example one player got to 575 karma at round 4, then it stuck that way for other 4 rounds, after map change it change to 960.

• I'm pretty sure you know about health station stuck in middle of air. =P

Players can't see my name, I can't use zoomsuit to call players out, had to slay myself to fix that

Hope that helps to figure out what the problem is.

We have a ticket in to fix the health stations floating, I believe all the other crap happens when the server can't connect to the DB. Not sure why the DB keeps going down.

1 minute ago, krony said:

@ZachPL

Reports literally gone after I set them to finish, no way to able view them again. Still have problem even after map chance.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/272849658891167712/7A33FF6269A939E648CF8FA24BEE225494172D71/

you can notice that reports are at #6,7,8,9 but 1-5 are missing because I set them to finished

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=730805188

then #6,8,14

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/272849658891182912/8D7024A2CEA0A0241468EF228E1283B40559F9FB/

Dumb question but did you already try checking "Show finished reports"?  xd

Health stations are spawning correctly now, we fixed the issue with server time being different with sourceban time as well,

I also have a copy of the old times database, ill look to add it tomorrow. We will probably lose the last 2 weeks of data though.

20 minutes ago, krony said:

@ZachPL

Health station is working fine on West server but not on Central server, health station still float.

Oh there was a typo should be fixed next restart

This server is having trouble today. It'll take a good 2-5 minutes while changing levels, sometimes even disconnecting after 6 connection attempts. It happened when there was just two of us on the server and again when we had 5 people on.