Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATG_AGENT

Eve

So i was thinking of starting eve again, didnt play it to much last time though. Ended up just logging on, filling the skill Q and logging off. 2nd time i came back  i rushed to the Amar battleship and drove it with out any of the propper skills to support it so it sucked. Theres an itch telling me to play again cause i like the whole idea of massive battleships in space but i have a few questions.

What has changed in the last 5 or so years? Is it worth to start brand new again? Did they make it any easier to start out fresh? I hear they expanded the skill Q over 24 hours.

Also do any of you currently play? I hear its a game where solo play isn't recommended. That and i guess i wouldnt mind someone helping me out, explaining stuff / etc.

If you do reccomend that its still worth starting, what Race shiplines should i go? (Strength of missles/lasers/rails/armor/shield tanking etc comparison) In PVP and PVE. I know  they made it so the race you start doesnt matter cause you can skill up in a different tree, but id still like to know the differences and the strengths/weaknesses etc. 

Also what ships would you reccomend i head for if i do start. Thanks.

I havent been playing much at all, but like 2 or 3 months ago I decided to sign up again after playing a few years ago for like a week and then never went back.

I was part of a massive assault with like 150 other people and we took over our new home in Fountain along with a few other alliances in our coalition.

Yes the skill que can now be as long as you want it to be. I think up to 2 or 3 months of skills? 

They have made it a bit easier with a few things, but its still confusing as fuck and near impossible without veteran player advice.

I havent been playing at all the past 2 months so i've forgotten almost everything except for the controls lol

When I do play EVE, im usually just on for the operation that we are running or for a battle that we have to fight and then I log off. We use diskord and I get notifications on my phone when I am needed to log on. 

I love EVE. Anyways I started with Gallante, and I am just a friendly miner. Though if you where to fight I recommend Caldari with their missles. They do MAD damage in combat and can be used from extreme distances. When I get bored of mining I just go out and explore deep space in a Stratios to fight pirates. Though fighting is fun to do in Gallante ships with big drone ports so you can stay away from the main attack. My subscription just expired though I am renewing it if you want to play just PM me and I will definitely play with you. (I am Gallante in Caldari territory so don't worry about where you live aslong as you join a group / corps you should be fine)