Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thunderbolt

Been thinking of getting a smartwatch... Thoughts?

So I've been looking at getting a smartwatch for a while now. I'm having difficulty deciding which to get, though, as every product seems to have at least one major flaw. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 currently (upgrading in a couple months, probably to another Galaxy/Note) and I really like the Gear S2, except for the lack of dev support, and external speakers. I hear the S voice is less reliable than Google's counterpart, but I'm not blown away by any of the Google options out there. I prefer something with a respectable/classy look, as opposed to sporty, being as I work in sales 6 days a week and would need to wear it constantly. I also work up to 12 hours a day, so battery life is a must. Thoughts?

Wait for Android wear 2.0 to come out. You might be safe buying something now because I think the current ones out there manufacture have announced if it will get the update or not but I would wait

You don't need to pair a Samsung with a Samsung.

There are plenty of non sporty options but they will be a little more expensive.

If you don't care about the new version of wear them many of those are on sale now for decent price. I think you can get a metal band moto 360 for $100 now a days.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I should probably elaborate on that end. I'd need it to function as a smart watch as opposed to a fitness tracker. It's really convenient for me to be able to see messages/calls/etc, as well as to have basic functionality from my wrist. Most of the decent smart watches have fitness capabilities as well, which I like. My problem with the Moto is its ~8hr battery life. I'm not committed to the Samsung, but it seems like the smallest sacrifice anything on the market currently. I may end up waiting for a new generation to come out with better hardware/OS.

Moto 360 gen 1. I've had mine for just over a  year, and once I went through a few software updates, my watch now lasts upwards of 2 days on a single charge while paired to my phone. Amazon has them for bottom dollar depending on the style, too. Most are $150, which is what you'd pay for a high-end fitbit in the first place

https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-360-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B00NC8PMUK