Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swed

Need help setting up a development environment for Swift on Windows

I'm trying to set up a development environment for Swift on windows without using a hackintosh/VM.

I've checked out RemObjects Silver, but that requires crossbox, which requires an Apple computer.

I'm currently looking at http://www.configure.it/ but would prefer to avoid paying a subscription.

Web compilers aren't really great if I'm doing a multi-file project.

I have visual studio 2015 installed and since Swift is open source, there are compilers for Swift available, but I'm not sure how to setup/configure my VS to begin programming. If anyone has some experience with this any help would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT:

I found an open-source compiler for Swift, now just being able to set up a project easily in VS would be helpful!

honestly, developing on a Mac is really awesome and I highly recommend picking up a cheap one to write software in Swift. I really have nothing to contribute toward your quest to build swift applications on windows. 

1 hour ago, skitt said:

honestly, developing on a Mac is really awesome and I highly recommend picking up a cheap one to write software in Swift. I really have nothing to contribute toward your quest to build swift applications on windows. 

this. I picked up a 2011 macbook pro with an i7 for $400 bucks off a friend, upgraded it to 16gb of ram and a solid state, runs like a breeze and has great battery life, the only thing I don't like is the small resolution, but I just have it connected to a secondary display, np.