Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Banana Joe

***IMPORTANT!!!: SSD Help!!***

I recently have two SSD's and finally no HDD (thank god) and i'm running trouble detecting the other SSD. Since it's in a laptop (Model #: GL552VW) I have installed is a 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 and a 128GB  Samsung SSD 850 PRO (Internal). If you can, help me figure out why it can only read one of the drives its would be appreciated. Both of the drives work and i cloned the 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 to my 128GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO so that drive can work. Goal: Make both drives readable and writable, Currenlty its showing my 128GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO.

Did you access Drive Management and format the drive and ensure it is getting a drive letter?

you need to set that shit to ahci in bios/uefi and probably load drivers once you install (or in windows if you already installed) but make sure your bios/uefi sees it first

okay i checked it but it now says there's two of the same SSD's. It shows there's 128GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO (x2) but not the other 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO, I'll check again.

56 minutes ago, driz said:

try updating your bios/uefi also

I did that and that wasn't the problem it was this

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Did you access Drive Management and format the drive and ensure it is getting a drive letter?

I accessed Disk Management and it said that my 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO was Offline so I set it to Online and set a Drive Letter, All good to go :)

Thanks again for the help @driz and @Sean

29 minutes ago, ๖ۣBanana Joe™ said:

I did that and that wasn't the problem it was this

I accessed Disk Management and it said that my 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO was Offline so I set it to Online and set a Drive Letter, All good to go :)

Thanks again for the help @driz and @Sean

glad you got it fixed.. i wonder why diskpart didn't set it to online to start with.. this is why linux > windows :P

25 minutes ago, driz said:

glad you got it fixed.. i wonder why diskpart didn't set it to online to start with.. this is why linux > windows :P

but windows (in my opinion) is easier to use plus more applications use windows and support it. Not saying I haven't used Linux just not a complete expert on it.

Windows 10 has this set to default with new drives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Musicfreak said:

~250 gigs across two drives? How do you survive?

Well first off I'm paying off my car ~350 a month and don't have the money to just buy 2x 1 TB SSD's that's like $700 there. And there are programs where I can compress the program and/or files down to save space.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Windows 10 has this set to default with new drives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what you mean now :P

24 minutes ago, ๖ۣBanana Joe™ said:

Well first off I'm paying off my car ~350 a month and don't have the money to just buy 2x 1 TB SSD's that's like $700 there. And there are programs where I can compress the program and/or files down to save space.

I see what you mean now :P

You don't need 2 TB SSDs. Just get a TB regular HDD for storage they're less than $100.

5 minutes ago, Musicfreak said:

You don't need 2 TB SSDs. Just get a TB regular HDD for storage they're less than $100.

Surviving on a 500gb 850 EVO and it's honestly pretty easy if you don't install your entire steam library

1 hour ago, Musicfreak said:

I thought you meant that I needed that, I did have a 1 TB HDD but that went bad and it ran my programs really slow and most of them would stop responding and when I got a SSD, everthing loaded fast and responded most of the time. This 128 GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO is a temporarily SSD when I have the money to get a 1 TB SSD then I'll switch it, for now this is my storage.

i still use ssd for boot and primary apps and hdd for the rest.. being the first person in csgo doesnt help, why make it load faster :P

2 hours ago, driz said:

i still use ssd for boot and primary apps and hdd for the rest.. being the first person in csgo doesnt help, why make it load faster :P

Like my daddy always said, if you ain't first, you're last.