Sign in to follow this  
gca

Soft Ware and Education threads?

Heyo! So, I posted a day or two ago about futhering my education in computer sciences and I noticed that we have a thread for the tech center, but it's pretty much all hardware stuff and there's not really another category that computer science would fall into besides that and it feels out of place just throwing it out into the general discussion. Also for an education thread, since a lot of new members coming to the community are either recent graduates or current students, I think it would be helpful if we could get an education thread started up that way there's more of a hub for that specifically plus it would be easier to get more feed back then throwing it out into general discussion and waiting for somebody to pull on the line. Education would also be a good place for people who are kind of struggling in there school life and need advice from other people that might've, say, already graduated? It would also be a good place for people to start doing their initial posts because it's more relatable for everyone instead of throwing yourself against something that's entirely new to you. Thanks!

Edited by gca
typos for days....

you should further your education in Spelling, typing, and grammar before you worry about computer science. Typos in compsci are the devil and based on your post you seem pretty 666.

this may seem like trolling, but as any programmer can attest, spelling is pretty critical. you literally misspelled education 4 times in your post which leads me to believe you think it's actually spelled that way.. i promise you, improving your english and typing skills will help you more than anything anyone might tell you here.

Edited by driz

1 hour ago, driz said:

you should further your education in Spelling, typing, and grammar before you worry about computer science. Typos in compsci are the devil and based on your post you seem pretty 666.

this may seem like trolling, but as any programmer can attest, spelling is pretty critical. you literally misspelled education 4 times in your post which leads me to believe you think it's actually spelled that way.. i promise you, improving your english and typing skills will help you more than anything anyone might tell you here.

lol. Yes, I already know typos are the devil in programming, but I rushed that last post since I had to leave for the optometrist and was already late. So I just decided to throw grammar and spelling out the door, after a few hours searching for that one missing semicolon, I learned to be a bit more meticulous when it comes to typing and more specifically editing my work. Thanks for pointing that out though.