Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

Possible sG | DOTA2 Tournament?

DOTA2  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play in a sG | DOTA2 Tournament?

• Yes please!
    • Haven't installed DOTA2 and/or not interested.

If really do have a dota tournament, i hope we will have. Will it be all pick or captain draft?

And if anyone need help i would love to help u in dota to get the main idea and find ur hero.

Rufus... for the love of God!!! Your English...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Junzou said:

Creating a captain's draft of teams would be fucking stupid though, just like it was in the last CSGO tournament.  I doubt you would get many people participate if they get prohibited from signing up with a premade team.

I'm with you on that but as others have mentioned this is a "Casual Gamers Lounge".

Trying to create even teams is the best route for turnout (even if that means the good players, that don't want to play with bad players, don't sign up).

Timbersaw for hire (and sniper with MoM and Dance ho ho ha ha)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Travesty said:

I'm with you on that but as others have mentioned this is a "Casual Gamers Lounge".

Trying to create even teams is the best route for turnout (even if that means the good players, that don't want to play with bad players, don't sign up).

Lol.  Being able to rely on your team in this game is even more important than RL or CSGO, and it sounds like you intend to force drafts.  Fuck that.

2 minutes ago, Junzou said:

Lol.  Being able to rely on your team in this game is even more important than RL or CSGO, and it sounds like you intend to force drafts.  Fuck that, how do I change my vote to no.

Again I agree with you but having as even teams as possible is better for the casual players in our community. At least that's what the majority of the people said last time with respect to the CSGO tournament. The fact of the matter is: community members don't want to get stomped by a 5 man team that are better than them.

I'm not even going to bother arguing which one is more of a team game.

10 minutes ago, Travesty said:

The fact of the matter is: community members don't want to get stomped by a 5 man team that are better than them.

Then they can get good or they can continue playing casually.  The entire point is for it to be a tournament.  There are going to be losers.

Warlock number 1 support.

Sorry Junzou, but I have to agree with Travesty on this one. You can't expect people to pick up Dota and be instantly capable of playing like a god. Stacked teams would leave those who want to actually have a chance at winning utterly demolished. Yes it's a tournament, but it's a community tournament for EVERYONE not just the expert players. To give everyone a chance of winning the teams need to be balanced. Their will always be more events for prizes. What's the point of having any tournaments for different games if you single out 90% of the community. 

4 hours ago, Junzou said:

Then they can get good or they can continue playing casually.  The entire point is for it to be a tournament.  There are going to be losers.

Or we could be a community that learns/competes together.

#FeelTheBern

1 minute ago, Knox said:

can we just do a 1v1 session so i can beat skitts ass

1v1 Shadowfiend Mid

Guys, we have a problem...

Peru in US server NotLikeThis

Pretty sure everyone can participate in a Captains Draft, not everyone has to be skilled in the game to play on a tourney, im with trav on this. This is a list of dota players from the clan I know:

JMafia

Mufasa

Dunkula

Jeff

Skitt

Sleek

Pike

Nothing_but_EleGiggle

Don't need a list. Just need to click on the people that voted yes.

That's all I'm really looking at anyways. Wanted to see how much turnout we could possibly get. So far 15 is not enough.

Was hoping for at least 8 teams.

I doubt we have enough players for a full fledged D2 tourney as we're mainly a csgo-based community. I also agree with Trav in that we should probs do a draft if this does happen: in Counterstrike, no matter how good you are you can still kill a pro through luck or a good angle hold. In Dota, a mistake will cost you into a death and that snowballs more and more to a point where you literally aren't able to do anything if you don't know what you're doing. In our past Counterstrike we've seen at least some losses of maps from our "stacked" teams -- that will not happen in Dota where a team of decent players will always get rolled by a team of good players.

I agree that tourneys are competitive but at the same time we play them just to have fun -- the prizes are just there as an extra reward from the fun imo. It was disheartening to say the least when I heard that a team from the last comp tourney decided not to show up at all (and then half of them did and ended up playing with half a team, wasting both team's time) because they knew they were facing a really good team. That in itself goes against the point of hosting tourney events, which is to have fun.

1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

I agree that tourneys are competitive but at the same time we play them just to have fun -- the prizes are just there as an extra reward from the fun imo. It was disheartening to say the least when I heard that a team from the last comp tourney decided not to show up at all (and then half of them did and ended up playing with half a team, wasting both team's time) because they knew they were facing a really good team. That in itself goes against the point of hosting tourney events, which is to have fun.

rbdWv.gif

I think both formats have merit, but for a casual gaming community such as sG, teams should be chosen by captains draft to have any semblance of balance. I could roll through with some 5-7k friends and stomp any team here, but that wouldn't be any fun at all. We aren't here to host an amateur league tourney, just a fuckaround style tournament amongst friends.