Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV

Annoying Steam Connection Issue

This shit has been the bane of my existence. I can connect to a server on CSGO, community or otherwise, and a little bit into the game, I lose connection. I check the Steam friends list, it says I'm offline. This issue has caused me to get four 7-day cooldowns, for failing to reconnect... even though I can use Steam browser, to go to Google, or my email, ect. I've lost great rebelling rounds on JB because of this. I doubt the issue is with my connection, as I played Rocket League for hours during break, without disconnecting. I live in Ohio; I'm not far from the JB server.

Attached is the console, flushed with errors. Can somebody help? I've uninstalled/reinstalled, verified cache and files, nothing works. I flushed the configs too.
http://y7C1oVq.jpg

That screenshot shows nothing more than your game failing to connect to an IP

Going to need more to go on but try this fix: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=294907357

I'll try it.

Mind you, the console FILLS up with those errors. I can't see anything from the server-side before the disconnect. It's troublesome; nothing to go off. Will report back after I try that link out.

Make sure the following ports aren't blocked by your firewall or on your router:

TCP: 27014-27050 (27015 is most important, but servers can theoretically run off any port they want so long as it's not used)

UDP: 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27030

Make sure the following ports aren't blocked by your firewall or on your router:

TCP: 27014-27050 (27015 is most important, but servers can theoretically run off any port they want so long as it's not used)

UDP: 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27030

Swed- I've done that, still had issues.

Mimic- thanks, I first found a high priority setting for my router, and let my computer take preference on the wifi when I'm at home, sharing it with family. Keepo  Keepo  Keepo  Keepo

I then opened those ports. Should be working now, much less lag now too. Will report updates as they come.

you do NOT need to open your ports to connect to csgo. You utilize ephemeral ports to connect to the open inbound ports at SG. I would suggest you close any ports you opened unless you are having people connect to YOUR pc and YOU are the server. All this does is expose your machine to the nefarious villains of the world.

I have 100% of ports BLOCKED on my firewall and i play fine.

that realtime setting will most likely help you compete for resources though. it's cheap QoS.

you do NOT need to open your ports to connect to csgo. You utilize ephemeral ports to connect to the open inbound ports at SG. I would suggest you close any ports you opened unless you are having people connect to YOUR pc and YOU are the server. All this does is expose your machine to the nefarious villains of the world.

that realtime setting will most likely help you compete for resources though. it's cheap QoS.

I'm back at my apartment now, so I'll have to wait to get home to close the ports. Thanks for the heads up, Driz

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

So I shouldn't allow all ports so I don't have connection problems???? My friend Charlie told me it would help.