Sign in to follow this  
SmugJack

Ogre Stonethrower Rework

I wanted to give my two cents on this hero. I find the most annoying aspects of this hero are three things: the amount of flash bang/smoke spam, the fact that ogre stonethrower is mostly useless with out more stones, and his replenishing stones is completely random. So here is my rework.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power Throw (LVLs 5): [spawn] Hitting an enemy directly with a flash, smoke, and decoys deals inhuman damage
Still the same but now includes Decoys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unstoppable Force (LVLs 5): [Attacked] Your grenades bypass evasion and damage resistance
Again nothing wrong with this skill. In fact without it the character would be useless.

Flash Rock (LVLs 5): [Attack] Blinding rocks
Now here is the biggest problem with the race imo. The spam hurts the other team, yourself, and most important your team. Flash bangs should be used tactically not as spam device. So here is my propose rework.

Strong Arms (LVLs 5): [Attack] Grenades will now bounce of the first surface with an extra 10/20/30/40/50%.
Alright, I realize the knife idea was completely fucking retarded but I was trying to make sure I did not remove skills from the race. The ability now will give the grenades some more bounce. The purpose being so that it is possible to hit the wall behind a player thinking you missed for an opportunity to kill. The value will need to be adjusted so they don't just fly into space when they hit the ground but I chose some arbitrary numbers to give idea.

Powder Stone (LVLs 5): [Attack] You acquire some rocks that evaporate to dust
This is another spam skill that hurts everybody but yourself when spammed. This ability effectively turns Stonethrower into Smoke. So here is my proposed rework.

Stones (LVLs 10): [Attack] You acquire stones (Decoys) every 30-10s.
Now the stonethrower can throw something that doesn't screw with everyone. Now the values can be adjusted so it doesn't spam too much but it is better than giving 5 flash bangs and 5 smokes that are inevitably spammed.

Okay, the cool down was way too short. It would be way too spammy. But the the stone thrower is already spammy as it is.

Muscle (LVLs 5): [spawn] Your body is pure muscle, defending against the elements.(+20-100 hp and 10-50% damage reduction)
This prevents stonethrower from relying on so much luck and allows the player to have time to throw. This skill is perfect as it is.

New Skill:
Ogre Bloodlust (LVLs 1): [Attack] When you kill an opponent you are granted a flashbang(25%), smoke(25%). or decoy(50%).
So this skill is to reward a proper throw with another stone in hopes of securing more. If this becomes too spammy then a nerf could be added to include: If a grenade is restored this way it will reset the CD timer for the stones skill.

Restock (LVLs 5): [ultimate]You pick whatever nearby stones you can
I think this skill is fine as it is. This will gives smokes and flash bangs that can also be used tactically since this skill cannot be spammed and it actually hurts the user for spamming it too much.

So that is my proposed rework. Giving the ogre less annoying tools but still keeping the fun behind it. All the values are up for debate.

Edit 1:
Removed the Stunning Knife.
Changed the respawn rate of decoys.
Added another skill.
Edited by SmugJack

nothing should be changed about ogre stone thrower. The only thing needs to be added is using a decoy grenade as a rock

Edited by infested marine

Strong Arms (LVLs 6): [Attack] Your knife now bashes players in place for 1-3s but reduces knife damage by 50%. (10s cool down)

This provides a tactical use of the knife to aid the stone throwing. (I am still trying to think of a better replacement but this kinda fits.)

I can't even form words to adequately describe how retarded this would be

Alright, I got it! The idea was bad. But I only changed two skills. I have edited the skills and provided another skill to the race.

I realize the knife idea was bad but I was trying to give a "out of stones ogre" at least some utility. The regening grenades makes more sense than just giving 10 grenades at the beginning to spam. 5 smokes and 5 flashbangs right off the back is just crazy when you consider how much power are in the grenades themselves even if they don't hit. I definitely nerfed the cd though.

Edited by SmugJack