Sign in to follow this  
CrazyKiLLa

Army vs. Marines

QUOTE(MAFIA @ May 20 2008, 01:05 PM) *

The Air Force gets all the huge computers and underground bases..I met a former NSA guy once (NSA=airforce department?) he was telling how about how when he was in during the 80's I wouldn't believe the number of spy satellites we had in space.

I don't want to think about how many they have now.

NSA doesn't really have anything to do directly with the Air Force

http://www.nsa.gov/about/index.cfm

No offense to you or anything, but I wouldn't trust anything on their home page

How could I possibly know the insane designs of a government agency such as the NSA?

I love my country but I also happen to be crazy motherfucking batshit crazy paranoid.

Guest Fohacidal

How did you come to the conclusion that

National Security Agency = USAF

???

Good luck getting into Westpoint, it would sure as hell be an honor to go there.

Yes if you survive your plebe year. In my opinion the academies are more of an indoctrination environment - producing professional military automatons - than they are a learning environment. Let's use my friend from high school as an example. He went to Annapolis, was at the top of his class at the end of his Freshman year (not sure if he was #1, I don't recall now) and HATED IT. He said he learned nothing academically the entire year. He quit, got out of his contract, applied and was accepted to Georgetown, and is having a great time there as a civilian.

To be fair I have a friend at West Point and another friend at the Air Force Academy, and both of them haven't complained so far. I voted with my feet when I signed up for AFROTC - I'd rather get an education without sitting at attention and bracing the wall for my first year.

Oh and since no one has said it yet, Air Force is the best service branch. *flees topic*

Oh and since no one has said it yet, Air Force is the best service branch. *flees topic*

If your goal is to do no actual fighting sure.

But Marines do more fighting. They usually go in first and the Army "cleans up".

Have you heard the term. "Rangers Lead the Way"? Because actually Army Rangers always are first in. Same with SF and asses the situation and then Marines and Army come in and do the work.

But either way it doesnt really matter whos in first because we all shed blood and who really cares whos in first. Or who fights more. Because Army doesnt do clean up. We both fight on the front lines.

Have you heard the term. "Rangers Lead the Way"? Because actually Army Rangers always are first in. Same with SF and asses the situation and then Marines and Army come in and do the work.

But either way it doesnt really matter whos in first because we all shed blood and who really cares whos in first. Or who fights more. Because Army doesnt do clean up. We both fight on the front lines.

That's special forces, of course they go in before the main forces do.

Ever heard of MEU?

My cousin by marriage has been in the Marines for probably 1 year and a half to 2 years, if you don't believe the Marines go in first, ask him.

Guest Fohacidal

Its probably because of the media but whenever I heard Rangers I think Black hawk Down

either way, i respect them highly

Guest Fohacidal
arent the marines a part of the navy?

or at least the marines take orders from the navy...

Marines are Navy

Guest starscream
Marines are Navy

No, the Marines are NOT Navy, and No, they don't take orders from the Navy. The Marine Corps. is a dept. of the Navy for organizational purposes, at the civilian level (Secretary of the Navy). The Commandant of the Marine Corps is the Highest Ranking Marine (4 star general) and is on the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Guest Fohacidal
No, the Marines are NOT Navy, and No, they don't take orders from the Navy. The Marine Corps. is a dept. of the Navy for organizational purposes, at the civilian level (Secretary of the Navy). The Commandant of the Marine Corps is the Highest Ranking Marine (4 star general) and is on the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

I was just speaking in general terms, I was to lazy to explain

You mean special forces like Marine Recon. Let's face it, the Marine Corps is asked to make gold out of a pile of shit. Something the Army has never heard of.

Guest starscream
You mean special forces like Marine Recon. Let's face it, the Marine Corps is asked to make gold out of a pile of shit. Something the Army has never heard of.

hahaha, I really did LOL for that. just imagine what we could accomplish if we were funded and equipped at the same level as the air force. but then, that would break part of our tradition and pride and making due with so little.

Guest starscream

And referring back to the original title of this thread, "Army vs. Marines", lets look at it from a warfighting standpoint. Army ACTUALLY vs Marines. Given an equal amount of firepower and bodies (more appropriately, Units, to vary the MOS's instead of just putting infantry together) who do you think would win in a battle? I think, and I'm sure most people would agree, Marines without a doubt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"

GEN PERSHING, US ARMY

"The more MARINES I have around the better I like it!"

GEN MARK CLARK, US ARMY

"I can never again see a UNITED STATES MARINE without experiencing a feeling of reverence."

GEN JOHNSON, US.ARMY

"I have just returned from visiting the MARINES at the front, and there is not a finer fighting organization in the world!"

GEN DOUGLAS MACARTHUR, US.ARMY

"We have two companies of MARINES running all over this island and thousands of ARMY troops doing nothing!"

GEN JOHN VESSEY, CHAIRMAN OF JOINT CHIEFS

"The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of MARINES. LORD, how they could fight!"

MAJGEN FRANK LOWE, US.ARMY

"Panic sweeps my men when they are facing the AMERICAN MARINES."

CAPTURED NORTH KOREAN MAJOR

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."

- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

"The Marines fought almost solely on esprit decorps, I was certain. It was inconceivable to most Marines that they should let another Marine down, or that they could be responsible for dimming the bright reputation of their Corps. The Marines simply assumed that they were the world's best fighting men."

- Robert Sherrod, 1943

"So they've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, those bastards won't get away this time!"

CHESTY PULLER, USMC

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

UNKNOWN