Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rune

Darkscape

Now I know how a majority of you who have played Runescape hate the new RS3 type mode, but I was looking at the front page and found this had just come out today.

https://darkscape.runescape.com/faq

Idk how I feel about it, but I might give it a shot just for shits. Sounds pretty interesting tbh. Albeit it does run along the same rule set of the old PvP only servers they used to have, there are some changes apparently.

In October they are going to release a similar gamemode for the OldSchool runescape. I'll wait for that one. I can't stand the new RS3 shit.

mfw people don't like rs3 because "hurr durr abilities im retarded." Just a heads up you can put it in legacy mode and it's just like old combat:

It just reminds me of their old 'PvP' worlds with some slight modifications but I'm sure it's more in-depth than that. I may give it a go when it comes out, probably will watch some gameplay first.

On another note:

I'm sure you guys have heard of Runescape Private Servers?

If not, then you should really go take a look. There are so many really well coded and huge player-based private servers out there, with some of them even having legitimate quests and achievements.  

They are always free, and really bring back the nostalgia feel of Runescape. Not to mention some of them have awesome customs and awesome PvP.

Read through some of the FAQ and all of the combat in this gamemode is locked to Legacy Mode already.

I decided to give it a try and the combat is somewhat like old school without abilities but the hp bars and stuff are RS3 instead of a flat 10-99. It's fun... just stay away from lumbridge if you're a low level.. god people don't leave you alone when you're trying to train.