Sign in to follow this  
Yunki

Small Idea for JB server

Whenever new people join sG | Jailbreak, the first thing they do when they receive LR (Last Request) is to type in "!lr". I know we don't have this command on the server due to the server having customs LRs, but I thought it would be helpful for the newer members (as well as all members) to have access to a command (i.e. !lr) to have a small menu pop-up and show them a list of about 6 or 7 of the most popular LRs with a description of each. I recognize we have a more detailed LR page on the MOTD, but (1.) it's in a different section of the MOTD in itself so the newer members have no idea about it, (2.) typing in a command in chat and having a look at all the LRs speeds up the process greatly, and (3.) When a list of more fun LRs are easily accessible, the server is more fun for everyone.

I'm sure someone might have suggested this before, but just in case, that's my two cents.

Thoughts?

Idea Edit: Unlinke the !motd, we should be able to use mics/type while we have the list open. I don't know if that's possible, but if it is, then we should work on that as well.

Edited by Yunki

How about we have !lr_motd pull up the motd and scroll to the LR section.

or !lr....but I don't want to lose !lr

*I disagree with anything that has any functional impact on the server

Edited by Joscal

Yeah, as I was thinking, what we need is just a command that takes us straight to Last Request page (not the Freeday list at the bottom of !MOTD, although those can be included into the list)

Or maybe if a person types out !lr a message pops up saying:

"This server has Custom Last Requests. Please type out what you'd like for your last request and the warden will accept or deny it."

Usually if a person types !lr they've played jailbreak before.

Edited by Travesty

Or maybe if a person types out !lr a message pops up saying:

"This server has Custom Last Requests. Please type out what you'd like for your last request and the warden will accept or deny it."

Usually if a person types !lr they've played jailbreak before.

Thar definitely could be added. But I was thinking of a command that gives you a quick list of certain custom LRs that aren't seen on other server. Instead of people asking for suggestions because they don't know/can't think of an LR, there is a list of the most popular LRs that is easily accessible through just one command :) Obviously once they know what they want, they will type it put just like always, but this just helps the less experienced sG players learn some of the most fun LRs. 

In example, a lot of people don't know what a North Korea FD is, and that is one of my most favorite LRs. There are so many LRs that are never used and that's partly because people just don't know about them.

I like that but it's limits people from choosing a LR. I believe the reason it's custom is so people become creative to make their own. Custom LRs are limited to what the admin/staff/warden accepts.

I'd personally just be patient and wait till they come up with what they want. A list of examples would be okay though.

Maybe something stipulating that 'we encourage you to make up your own LR'.

Edited by Travesty

I like that but it's limits people from choosing a LR. I believe the reason it's custom is so people become creative to make their own. Custom LRs are limited to what the admin/staff/warden accepts.

I'd personally just be patient and wait till they come up with what they want. A list of examples would be okay though.

Maybe something stipulating that 'we encourage you to make up your own LR'.

Totally agree how we want to encourage others to make their own LRs. I guess a staff member will decide if this plug-in would be worth the time to create.

Not to shit on your parade but this has been suggested multiple times and has never happened, even though it could help new players.

But thanks for helping out the servers!

Ya I talked to other people and they told me it's been suggested. oh well :P