Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Towelie

If you have a goal, you can and will reach it.

Growing up I was never the fitness type kid, I was bullied through out Elementary and Middle school always was bullied for how I looked, too fat. Well over time I just didn't want to eat, didn't want nothing, just gave up. I always believed that getting it to all go away would be too hard, but that's that, I didn't have a goal nor did I have the will. You have to be determined in what you do and not give up, over time I finally got off my ass to say you know what it is time to change. This is proof that you can change how you look if you actually want to.

Just a heads up, large images.

This is what I looked like after the two year period of wanting to starve:

gFny2eg.jpg

Then a year later I started getting some what of a physique around Freshman year.

sU5NbTI.jpg

Last year:

41jkHlw.jpg

Now: 

Azi7qDk.jpg

The thing is, you can never give up. If you have a goal, you CAN and WILL reach it. Just takes trial and error, keep trying.

I know some people are still here that remember this, but I preached about reaching a goal for years, while I lost weight to join the military(ended up going Army Infantry)

I started off at 300+ pounds. (back on Dec 31st 2010)

166554_480931041724_8072708_n.jpg?oh=b6e

That day was the last day of me being a someone without a plan to lose weight and prepare myself to enter the military, so I HAD to lose weight to join, and I HAD to make sure I was in decent enough shape, thus, me before going to Fort Benning, GA in Summer 2013. (About 70lbs~ later)

BtZgWjh.jpg

And then me after Fort Benning, GA. (Home of the infantry, fuckers) Another 40+ lbs lost

PIqeR8Z.jpg

Back in April 2014

1920999_10152452098111833_694185274_o.jp

And then back a couple months ago.

10984993_10207229895251817_3510249856471

I've been in for two years, and have a little over a year left on my contract. My goal was to get in, experience the lifestyle, and see where it goes from there. Hell, the Army even gave me free PRK surgery, so I no longer wear glasses, and can see 20/15 now. So...I basically see the future now. This is my biggest accomplishment by far. Losing the 110+ lbs, although I've gained about 25lbs back, but I'm stronger, and faster than I ever was in my life(And from bulking as of the last few months)

I had the same Situation as you did Towelie. I was bullied like crazy back in Elementary school because I was the "Geeky" type of kid, plus i was 150 LBs in 5th grade. I didn't tell anyone that I was bullied because back in that school no one did anything about it. Teachers thought I was doing fine, when i really wasn't. Middle school came into play. This is when I started to get beat up on a daily basis. This is when I started going into deep deep depression, I had thoughts in my mind like "Why am I even here if no one likes me" I finally told my parents about what was going on when i got beat up that day, and broke my leg in 3 spots. Not only did i press charges on the specific people that did this to me, but I switched to a online school after 7th grade. Things got better. I started by going on daily morning jogs, then a few months later i started power lifting. I was 150LBs in 5th grade and gaining weight as years went by, and now im 135LBs.      

You and Demon will get along swimmingly.

I'm going to guess that's my que  :)

What's up man! Keep up the good work! As a fat to fit success story myself I can totally relate to where you're coming from

I know some people are still here that remember this, but I preached about reaching a goal for years, while I lost weight to join the military(ended up going Army Infantry)

You've got an inspirational story man! Takes real hard work and determination to shed off that much resulting in a total 180, kudos!

What's up man! Keep up the good work! As a fat to fit success story myself I can totally relate to where you're coming from

Really appreciate it man, just wanted to give some users confidence because each day people always have the urge to give up when they shouldn't in any way.

*add inspirational quote here*
 *People start slow clapping and chearing the inspirational speaker*
 *Inspirational speaker starts crying tears of joy*

Please continue this #inspirational story

You've got an inspirational story man! Takes real hard work and determination to shed off that much resulting in a total 180, kudos!

When do you leave for the Marines? 

When do you leave for the Marines?

I ended up deciding to attend college for now, my tuition is paid for by my tribe (I'm 1/2 native American) so it's pretty much a free ride. Since being a recent graduate from high school I took the first semester off and start my courses in January.