Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Howard Dean

New rig... Need help

So,

I just got my shit up and running and I am getting terrible FPS in ARMA 3/Ark...

I know both of these games are poorly optimized but I am getting less than 10 fps for them.

My rig is: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=27976285

It should be able to handle both of these games with no problem.

I have tried SLI/Not SLI, all of my drivers are up to date, my Display Adapters are showing my 2x 970s, my MOBO/BIOS on startup is correct (with regards to PCIE), ive tried Nvidia Control Panel with all Anti Aliasing off and everything else under the sun...

If you can find what the problem child is ill gift you a game of your choosing (40$ and under)

Please give me detailed solutions as im special

Alright my main suggestion is going to be to just suck it up and take out one 970 and test it.
I say suck it up because it's likely going to be a pain in the ass to take it out to test just that one thing.

At that point you will be able to tell if it's a configuration issue with arma or an issue with your hardware/os.

In the meantime I'll do some research and come back with what I find.

Another option from what I'm reading is you may possibly need to lower the view distance if you're playing online as it may tax your hardware if it's rendering a shitload of objects you can in now way possibly see anyways.

ANOTHER option is to manually set the number of CUDA to all for Arma under the nvidia control panel.

I'd try 2, followed by 3, then 1 as a last resort.

(If it's 1, you may need to do some testing to see if the gpu you had as primary is up to snuff)

Howwie, I'll post a screenshot of my settings in a few minutes once I'm able to run ARK. I'm running the same GPU (Nvidia branded, though). If you have windows 10, I don't know how the hell it helped, but I got an easy 40fps jump in almost all situations

db4c9341cd.jpg

Try doing a fresh install of your GTX drivers.

Download openhardware monitor run it leave it open and start ark. Play it for 10 min and then export the report(file>save report) then post it here.

That's not always true. Processors and video cards can throttle their clock to remain stable.

we already checked load temps and they were fine.