Sign in to follow this  
Presto_9393

Another idea for JB server

I've been thinking about AFK ct's who come back. I've encountered this a couple times while rebelling on T. That a afk CT will come back at 8 mins for example. Now maybe It's already in the rules and I missed it. I know cts are supposed to be out of armory by 9:30. But what I encountered is.

A CT will come back from being afk. The rest of their team is usually light years away from them. So they're running to team or doing something stupid like checking cells. Then all the rebelling T's come out and they start killing them.

I think this is unfair to rebelling T's. I propose that if someone is afk after a certain time. Like 9min or 8:45 or 8:30. That as a courtesy they slay themselves. Instead of running to team.

I also asked an admin if a CT is away from team. Then they kill a rebelling t. If it is constituted as a free kill or not. I was told that it Isn't considered a free kill. In my opinion, because the CT Isn't doing what they supposed to. AKA breaking the rules. It should be considered a free kill.

Thoughts?

It sounds like a good idea for them to slay themselves but none of them would be willing to do that. I do agree that admins should ct or slay them if still in armoury past the time limit.

i mean it wouldnt be a freekill but it definetly deserves a slay cause they were away from team but u got to give the admins time they cant catch every single bad ct they want to play the game too

I don't necessarily agree that none of them would be willing to do that. This is why I want it put in the rules. So it makes it more concrete. I also understand that the admins want to play the game. But if It's a rule, at least we will have some structure. When something like this happens.

I think it would make it easier on the admins.

Any CT in armory after 9:30 should be slain, it's already a rule. If they're AFK an admin should team switch them to spectator or kick them.

Edited by JWB10

Currently the rule is;

5. e) CTs have until 9:30 to get their guns and leave armory. This is not an excuse to stay in the armory until 19:30, you still must leave as fast as possible.  

Under the situation that the CT is AFK, it would be a one time offense hopefully and the admin would slay them if they did not die already. If they died already, a written or verbal warning would be issued to the individual. If this occurred again during the next round, they would be restricted/kicked (depending on the situation) for violating the MOTD. However, please note that it is under admin discretion of how they issue punishments so it will vary between admins and that admins cannot necessarily be omniscient - they are playing the game as well! Adding the suggested rule to the MOTD would be redundant as the current rule clearly specifies counter-terrorists must be out of armory by 9:30.