Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timeassassin103

Looking for Magic Nerds.

I'm starting to get back into my deadly hobby addiction of Magic. I've spent countless hours playing the game with my friends. I even purchased well over $200 worth of paper Magic cards (which is laughable compared to other people's purchases). I am wondering if anybody else plays Magic? I am currently playing on Cockatrice, a free version of MTG:O. You can build decks from all of the sets, and play in any format. You don't have to register or pay anything, but it is recommended you do since there is a filter option to block all non-registered users. My username on Cockatrice is Timeassassin103 . I mostly play constructed/sealed, but I can play EDH or any other format.

Cockatrice: http://www.woogerworks.com/

Tokens (very recommended): https://github.com/Psithief/Cockatrice-tokens

Edit - Oh damn I posted this in the wrong category....can this be moved to General Gaming?

Edit - Also the adding people is abit different...there is no friend requests and etc, so both people are suppose to add each other by typing the username and click add buddy. Doing so will show them in the buddy list on the user lists tab so you can watch them/join them anytime they are online.

The friends I play Magic with spends over $100 per deck and we have like atleast 24 decks

I payed $30 for my mono white token deck...and it is good but little response and can be easily countered...but I still have my favorite Gruul deck. I run 3 Polukranos, World Eaters and other good cards like the Dragon Throne. It is semi-random but it works when they don't focus me and my buffed dudes. But currently I am trying to not spend any more money on paper magic since I am very broke with no job...yet I am planning on to attend the pre-releases for the Battle for Zendikar block.

I payed about 150 for my Red/Black vampire deck and working on a slivers EDH deck currently. I thought cockatrice got taken down for copyright?

I payed about 150 for my Red/Black vampire deck and working on a slivers EDH deck currently. I thought cockatrice got taken down for copyright?

The original download gotten taken down by Hasbro Germany. But the developer gave free roam to anybody with the cockatrice code so woogerworks took over which hasn't gotten taken down yet.

http://www.cockatrice.de/  the dev explained it here.

im selling all my cards.. from the 90s some nice cards in there. hit me up if you're serious. 

I do play magic. hehe, a few hundred for a deck really isnt much, some tourny goers pay thousands to make something they think cant be beat. I knew a guy who had a deck with 3 cards worth almost 200$.

I do play magic. hehe, a few hundred for a deck really isnt much, some tourny goers pay thousands to make something they think cant be beat. I knew a guy who had a deck with 3 cards worth almost 200$.

Probobly some jace the wallet sculptors. Also if enough people are interested in trying this magic online program we could set up a little friendly friday night magic.

Wait, mind sculptor is worth that much? I got one from one of them deck boxes, found it worthless. People always kill him before he gets to 12+

Probobly some jace the wallet sculptors. Also if enough people are interested in trying this magic online program we could set up a little friendly friday night magic.

Yeah, we could do a poll who is doing what format...or just do all formats since we can do multiple games at the same time on Cockatrice.

I know this topic is old but with the new cards that are coming out, I gotta bump this. Plus what I pulled today made me real happy, even though I went 0 to 2 and dropped out.

http://mythicspoiler.com/  <-- A spoiler for all the cards (well most of them).

But the actual importance of this bump is that there is a way to update the cards.xml file so you don't have to go online to download the new version. (Forgot to include this.)

You need to go to the top left of the client, and hover the "Cockatrice" tab. Click the "Check for Card Updates" and you are promoted with the oracle. It will ask for language and path, choose whatever you want. Once done it will install the new card images and update the .xml. Once done the Oracle will close and ask to activate the new sets (if Cockatrice updates for the new sets) choose yes and you are finished.

I know this topic is old but with the new cards that are coming out, I gotta bump this. Plus what I pulled today made me real happy, even though I went 0 to 2 and dropped out.

http://mythicspoiler.com/

But the actual importance of this bump is that there is a way to update the cards.xml file so you don't have to go online to download the new version. (Forgot to include this.)

You need to go to the top left of the client, and hover the "Cockatrice" tab. Click the "Check for Card Updates" and you are promoted with the oracle. It will ask for language and path, choose whatever you want. Once done it will install the new card images and update the .xml. Once done the Oracle will close and ask to activate the new sets (if Cockatrice updates for the new sets) choose yes and you are finished.

I went to a prelease tourney thing and I got the Liberator of Malakir as a promo and other boss shit

I went to a prelease tourney thing and I got the Liberator of Malakir as a promo and other boss shit

Many people pulled Kiora today (including me) so it would be 6 in total. And 4 people gotten an expedition so they pretty covered their costs. But the rares I gotten are eh, but are still awesome none the less. 

Edit: Also, who here is even considering getting Cockatrice and try out virtual sealed and etc? I know Tobi gotten it and we tried to play each other to no avail.

Edit2: Oh, forgot to mention in my previous posts yet again that there is a way to do draft, sealed, and cube. You just need to go to drafts.in choose the type and what sets and all that, go through the adf.ly link, and copypaste the link to people who want to participate.