Sign in to follow this  
Stnmn

Force-Crouch Trickster Assassin?

Is Force-Crouching Trickster possible? I asked about it on the server and I got bombarded with "read the motd" by a confused mod. The answer wasn't in the motd in case you were wondering. Could the Trickster Assassin be force crouched with increased speed to disable the height advantage? I really enjoy the race but checking the height of every piece of cover with a duplicate barrel is a pain in the ass, and nobody's perfect, so unfair kills are bound to happen.

not really that hard to be in crouch..... if u really have that hard a time with it change your crouch to toggle

The problem is that it's against the rules for Trickster to be behind something where you can't be visible, but it's hard to tell where exactly that is. Forcing crouch to lower the viewpoint of the Trickster would avoid this problem completely.

Trickster assassin sucks so much and does not perform that well generally. I'm personally fine with it being able to see people behind it's own barrels, right now, that race needs every advantage it can get. It's not even that hard of a race to kill.

I looked at it's KDR its kinda meh..the argument about abuse rarely ever happens and is generally squashed. But I liked his idea of giving it forced crouch with bonus movement speed like you said the race needs something why not start with making something that shouldn't move..move faster...

I looked at it's KDR its kinda meh..the argument about abuse rarely ever happens and is generally squashed. But I liked his idea of giving it forced crouch with bonus movement speed like you said the race needs something why not start with making something that shouldn't move..move faster...

I would have loved seeing this race get a 50% chance to spawn radioactive barrels that slowly does more damage the closer you get to them.

Edited by HornyCat

I would have loved seeing this race get a 50% chance to spawn radioactive barrels that slowly does more damage the closer you get to them.

That sounds like crazy fun on maps like Militia. I know the race underperforming, but I definitely have fun with the race. Such a niche race doesn't attract those that actively exploit, but if the race became strong in the future it very well could become an issue.

I don't know Sourcemod very well so I have no idea how quick/easy it is to force crouch and throw some buffs around to make up for it, but there's definitely some interesting barrel concepts I've heard thrown around on the server. Going with the "trickster" theme, having a few different barrels that have different effects spawn at certain % chancse could be interesting.

Edited by Stnmn