Sign in to follow this  
Stranger Danger

Wanting to contribute.

So I mainly play Gmod but I have been getting into CS:GO again. I am the developer to a 26 slot server on Gmod, I used to make races back in the day when it was written in python. I am a computer science major and love writing code, so I would love to help out.

If you guys give me a race idea and I code it and you guys like it. Maybe we can continue to do it and I could help out. If you would like to see Gmod server to see what I have done just message me. I have many multiple scripts for the admin addon.

Thanks, Stranger Danger

Our CSGO server mods are coded in Sourcepawn as eventscripts (which used python) died with CS:S. If you're willing to learn Sourcepawn add me or one of the other war3 engineers on steam and we can chat about what you need to do to get set up.

if you're the dev for a gmod server, maybe show us what you can do on that front rather than trying to learn a whole new language. We could definitely use skilled LUA coders.

if you do want to show us your code on gmod, post is up in PM to staff rather than this thread.

Hmmm, Yeah I spent about 2 hours learning source pawn to discover that the tutorials to make a race are 5 years old and are obsolete. The tutorial and the races completely differ, while I know my way around lua I, I am looking for something outside of Gmod for now. I also find making races really enjoyable.

So I can just let you guys go about how you were doing before, or I could talk to an engineer and have him give me a quick rundown. I am only here to try to help.

I do have one suggestion for your server though. I added this to my Gmod server which helps out a lot, I created several commands to help players access our website/forums quicker. A !website, !forums or !donate could open up a steam browser to the desired url.

Also, if your interested I know HTML and could help with the website. While my server is no where near the scale of your 9 servers, I did create a decent website and forums. http://vdempire.ca/. Maybe I could add some functionality to your website for example with our rule page. http://vdempire.ca/rules.html#rules is our rule page that functions as our MOTD. I created a ulx module that allows me to open the MOTD on a player and highlights a particular rule so they can see it. For example I can open rule 4 on a player and an MOTD pops up like so... http://vdempire.ca/rules.html#rules?rule=4. This slightly reduces font of other rules and changes color, font size, and bolds the desired rule. 

If there is anything you guys may need help with just ask and I may be able to help.

Thanks

Edited by Stranger Danger