Sign in to follow this  
Audiovox

Hey, the scammers are getting smart.

Ok, so someone adds me to their friends, you'll never guess their name "You Won Game Gifts". I was so excited man, I wanted to mess with these people so bad. Alas, my fun was cut short because they are going automated. After I took the screen shots of all the info I could get, I tried to talk to the person who messaged me. As SOON as I sent the message "/me finds this hard to believe! You have been reported for the following reasons:" (would look like *mattb951 finds this hard to believe! You have been reported for the following reasons:* meant to look like how he was typing) he was logged off and I was removed from his friends list. It was instantaneous. So I have formed a theory. I believe they now have programs to do this stuff automatically and if I say anything except for a number on their list, I'm deleted and they are logged off. Which sucks cause I wanted to have fun >< But anywho, watch out for anyone at all ever posing to give you free stuff or as a Steam or VALVe admin/employee/member/idiot cause they will not personally contact you and ask for account information. Here are the screen shots I got of the persons info, he was set to "Private" so no steam id, but I think the friends page id will be sufficient for tracking him down.

-Audio

**Keep in mind, 1920 by 1440 resolution, patience.

ffb9qh.jpg

wme83m.jpg

1zx2oux.jpg

Here's a link to his profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998275221

Because, I now have his profile id. Sure I cannot find the steamid, but the profile id should link steam to him just a like a steamid would. Right?

-Audio

Lol, I had one add me that was a "Steam Admininstrator" And I never responded to it, It wanted to know my name, password and a bunch of other crap.