Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dyscivist

New PC Build. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Looking to buy a new PC. Here's my build right now:

8a0053a674.png

Any thoughts or suggestions? Any replacements that are better?

Note that I live in Canada so any suggestions have to be available here.

Unless you prefer the Toshiba, I'd personally recommend a Samsung SSD instead. Other than that, looks pretty solid!

Just be careful with the 970's memory bank issue. Once you surpass the 3.5GB mark, the memory speed goes to shit

Everything is fine except for the overpriced cpu cooler. I got one from newegg Canada for a lot cheaper. I'll check the exact model later.

Assuming you are going to use an old harddrive as your main storage, as you only have an ssd listed.

I would say possibly swap to the 850 evo but its 160 for the 250 on newegg.ca for some reason compared to the 110 on the us site.

Possibly get a larger case?, I know the fractal XL ones are more than spacious enough, and are of decent build quality.

Overall it looks pretty solid, Just would  possibly get a bigger case, possibly more hard drives and a larger ssd.

1c2f828276.png

Changed a couple things and ordered 'er up.

Samsung EVO seemed better than the Toshiba and it was cheaper, Seasonic PSU got better reviews by the kinda spergs who actually have sites specifically to review PSUs (and I trust their judgement), the U12S was sold out everywhere so I stepped up to the 14 and I wanted a bit more CPU power as I'm probably not gonna replace this PC for a while so I sprung for an i7. Gonna OC the shit outta that.

Only got one more fan for intake as I want a pretty silent PC and top output fans tend to be the most loud out of any.

Dysc, if you want the i5 variant of that, my local Micro Center has it for $200, or $280 for the 4790K. It'd be plus tax (6.25%) and shipping, but it's probably still cheaper than the $370 from TigerDirect.

I'm going down there this Saturday, so I figured I'd give you a heads-up in case you wanted me to snag one and ship it over

Looking to buy a new PC. Here's my build right now:

8a0053a674.png

Any thoughts or suggestions? Any replacements that are better?

Note that I live in Canada so any suggestions have to be available here.

- get a i7

-more ram

-bigger samsung SSD

- bigger power supply

- coolermaster fans

and comeup with 500 more dollars

My thoughts exactly. The build is good where it is, and he has plenty of room to expand in the future. I might grab a bigger case so wiring isn't a hellish endeavor, but that's just nitpicking.

Although, I'd say just get the i5 and upgrade to an AIO cooling unit. I've got my 4690K clocked at 4.2GHz and I barely push 40C at full load :D