Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HCMikey

Trace routing the War3 server

Bcock and I ran a trace route to the war3 server and for some reason it times out at the 14th hop. I'm also getting some nasty lag skips every round on every one of our servers except for JB.

I was wondering if someone more qualified can tell me what's going on. Does it happen to be related with the servers moving to a different location?

Here is a picture of my shit by the way.

EG055rE.png

I will throw in that I don't have any problems and I reassured Horny that the timeouts on hops is normal. I'm thinking it's congestion on one of the hops, but he says he's been having this problem for 3 days.

I will throw in that I don't have any problems and I reassured Horny that the timeouts on hops is normal. I'm thinking it's congestion on one of the hops, but he says he's been having this problem for 3 days.

sG servers are the only ones giving me problems. I have no packet loss on my end.

sG servers are the only ones giving me problems. I have no packet loss on my end.

Well, I know when Diablo 3 was coming out it was having some crazy bad lag and it was due to congestion on one of the nodes. It's a possibility.

Try connecting through a VPN service. Otherwise chances are this is related to your ISP.

traceroutes and pings won't work to our servers because we block those types of icmp requests. In the infinite wisdom of the great driz only hackers and DoSers would ever want to ping our servers! Are you a hacker? Why you trying to traceroute us!!!!!!!!!!!! I will bring this to staff to discuss your banning as only hacker types would know about that tool. 

Anyway, appears to be fine. It could be you need to unplug any routers and/or modems at your place for 30 seconds then plug them back in. Because judging by what I just ran it is nothing outside your internal network.

Here is a MTR to the IP from the second hop of your tracert you did. I did a 30 count so it tested each part of the hop 30 times to get these results. 

HOST: war3.joinsg.net                                   Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev  1. 23.82.46.41.rdns.eoreality.net                     0.0%    30    0.6   0.6   0.2   4.2   0.7  2. 23.111.249.1.rdns.as15003.net                      0.0%    30    0.6   0.4   0.3   0.6   0.1  3. te0-0-0-34.ccr21.ord03.atlas.cogentco.com          0.0%    30    2.0   2.1   1.7   3.7   0.5  4. be-202-pe04.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net        0.0%    30    1.9   2.2   1.7   7.3   1.0  5. he-3-0-0-0-cr01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net    0.0%    30    3.9   3.8   1.5   5.5   1.1  6. be-12-cr01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net            0.0%    30    3.0   3.5   2.7   4.3   0.6  7. be-10412-cr01.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net      0.0%    30   24.3  24.9  23.1  26.9   1.1  8. be-7922-ar01.pompanobeach.fl.pompano.comcast.net   0.0%    30   38.3  38.3  38.0  38.6   0.1  9. xe-0-0-2-0-sur02.southdade.fl.pompano.comcast.net  0.0%    30   37.7  39.1  37.5  69.8   6.0 10. 96.120.37.125                                      0.0%    30   38.3  37.7  37.5  38.3   0.1

Another thing to consider. It could be your ISP since you posted this during "prime time". It is possible there is something weird going on with your ISP during those times when a lot of people are online.

traceroutes and pings won't work to our servers because we block those types of icmp requests. In the infinite wisdom of the great driz only hackers and DoSers would ever want to ping our servers! Are you a hacker? Why you trying to traceroute us!!!!!!!!!!!! I will bring this to staff to discuss your banning as only hacker types would know about that tool. 

Anyway, appears to be fine. It could be you need to unplug any routers and/or modems at your place for 30 seconds then plug them back in. Because judging by what I just ran it is nothing outside your internal network.

Here is a MTR to the IP from the second hop of your tracert you did. I did a 30 count so it tested each part of the hop 30 times to get these results. 

HOST: war3.joinsg.net                                   Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev  1. 23.82.46.41.rdns.eoreality.net                     0.0%    30    0.6   0.6   0.2   4.2   0.7  2. 23.111.249.1.rdns.as15003.net                      0.0%    30    0.6   0.4   0.3   0.6   0.1  3. te0-0-0-34.ccr21.ord03.atlas.cogentco.com          0.0%    30    2.0   2.1   1.7   3.7   0.5  4. be-202-pe04.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net        0.0%    30    1.9   2.2   1.7   7.3   1.0  5. he-3-0-0-0-cr01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net    0.0%    30    3.9   3.8   1.5   5.5   1.1  6. be-12-cr01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net            0.0%    30    3.0   3.5   2.7   4.3   0.6  7. be-10412-cr01.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net      0.0%    30   24.3  24.9  23.1  26.9   1.1  8. be-7922-ar01.pompanobeach.fl.pompano.comcast.net   0.0%    30   38.3  38.3  38.0  38.6   0.1  9. xe-0-0-2-0-sur02.southdade.fl.pompano.comcast.net  0.0%    30   37.7  39.1  37.5  69.8   6.0 10. 96.120.37.125                                      0.0%    30   38.3  37.7  37.5  38.3   0.1

Another thing to consider. It could be your ISP since you posted this during "prime time". It is possible there is something weird going on with your ISP during those times when a lot of people are online.

When is my lord and savior Google Fiber coming to save me from Comcast?

you are making it successfully as far as you should make it when pinging us. 56ms is also not bad. i declare this, "not a network issue" 

you are making it successfully as far as you should make it when pinging us. 56ms is also not bad. i declare this, "not a network issue"

Wait what. Random lag spikes aren't a network issue? This assumption is based on his average ping?

Oh Lord..

Wait what. Random lag spikes aren't a network issue? This assumption is based on his average ping?

Oh Lord..

I don't know what to say man. I called my ISP and even did the online chat shit and they told me everything is fine on my end. I can stream netflix, I can play videos and even upload just fine. Even though my average ping for the server says 56ms, it is not, you can ask B-cock or anyone that has seen me playing for the past two days, my ping is consistently in the 600's and now it's happening for many of the csgo servers not just the sG servers. I checked my router, I did a speed test and ping test on servers in washington, australia, russia, and california and they all came up with no packet loss but pretty high jitter. The jitter hangs around 25 to 30.

The really weird thing is that in game, if I stand still and don't move, I won't lag at all. I can hear and speak to everyone and shoot everyone just fine, but as soon as I press one of my WASD keys, everything turns to shit.

Sounds like an issue with your pc. I've heard this before

Wait what? I'm going to try a system restore to an earlier date if this really is the issue.

Oh Lord..

correct, not a network issue

I don't know what to say man. I called my ISP and even did the online chat shit and they told me everything is fine on my end. I can stream netflix, I can play videos and even upload just fine. Even though my average ping for the server says 56ms, it is not, you can ask B-cock or anyone that has seen me playing for the past two days, my ping is consistently in the 600's and now it's happening for many of the csgo servers not just the sG servers. I checked my router, I did a speed test and ping test on servers in washington, australia, russia, and california and they all came up with no packet loss but pretty high jitter. The jitter hangs around 25 to 30.

The really weird thing is that in game, if I stand still and don't move, I won't lag at all. I can hear and speak to everyone and shoot everyone just fine, but as soon as I press one of my WASD keys, everything turns to shit.

evidence of it not being a network issue posted

if your ping to the servers is 56ms and your in game ping is over 600ms it's usually an issue on the PC side.  Jitter is bad, but really in respect to voip so your in game voice would probably stutter a lot. If moving is the cause of issues, it could be a number of things, but all within your PC. If you can get your hands on another system (not having issues) hook it up on your net and see what happens.

correct, not a network issue

Sorry to tell you Driz, but about 5 minutes ago, I confirmed it was a network issue. I played on the war3 server under the WiFi at my job and everything works perfectly. I guess it is my ISP just being shitty and not my hardware giving me problems.

Have you restarted any and all modems and routers at your home? Do that first. Otherwise it could be the ISP being little bitches. For example, my ISP likes to limit YouTube, imgur and some other sites. How do I know? I connect to a VPN and those same URLs to the videos or images load up right quick with no problems.

However the ISP will never admit it is their problem.

All networks even the mighty internet have certain points where they connect together. So the lines that one site are on have to connect to the network the ISP is on at some point. Well if those outside lines have competing services on them that the ISP can sell then they won't connect as many ports together. Therefore in their fucked up minds it isn't their problem or should I say in a technical legal way.

So it could be possible that the route our servers have to take go through the same point that let's say Netflix takes so your ISP has no interest to increase capacity. This is just a hypothetical as there is no way to prove it. Plus it is probably just your internal network so will you please restart all your shit already! And yes you probably have to do that ever couple of days cause the equipment the ISP gives out is utter crap.