Sign in to follow this  
Levyon

Somethins I came across

Quite interesting. I don't want to throw this topic off but I think it goes hand in hand with the video...

I've often wondered about the future of the world. We see things changing day to day, but they are small changes, small improvements. What if I were to be frozen for 10-20 years and wake up...how different would everything seem then? We couldn't picture youtube/iphones/CSS/oxiclean...in 1998??? yeah, oxiclean...lol. My point is we have seen things grow over a 10 year span that don't seem like huge improvements because we are constantly moving with them. The future is much closer than many of us know, I can't help but think we about to take off on a whole new level of technology soon. Technology that doesn't use combustion, that allows us to travel distances that would've been otherwise unheard of...things that we see in science fiction. I really have no idea who originally pointed this out, but nearly every science fiction gadget has manifested itsself in todays world...cell phones, video conferences, weapons, lasers...some not on the same level, but definately getting there.

That was awesome. Lots of good stuff can be found by surfing youtube. Just imagine what will be posted.........

Tommorow!

Watching this stuff actually makes me kind of depressed. I dont know why, prolly cause it just makes us feel even smaller. A $1000 laptop out thinking the entire race. Its the end of an era. Plus it also sucks to be American right now. Does anyone else think that we've reached our peak? We're the next Britain, the worlds greatest power only to be outshone by a child that we created (just think of how much money we give China)? Although its a completely different story from that because America was founded off of the same core beliefs as Britain. We're talking an entire different society here. Its really daunting being a college student at the moment. Even here in Indiana, the fucking cornfield of the nation, 50% if not more of our college campus is Asian. I'm going to be competing on a world fucking scale... Did you know that the population of America (actual Americans, if such a thing can be said) is decreasing for the first time in centuries? We just don't notice it yet because of all the immigration.