Sign in to follow this  
brandontoms

Tech Savvy help needed

ARE YOU CRAZY!? 

THAT'S GONNA MAKE YOUR COMPUTER OVERHEAT!

red = hot

blue = cold

green = swag.

Good to know my pc is ice cold, my ears are always chilling in my headset, and my mouse is always in full on swag mode.

As to your current dilemma, Brandon, Peter kinda beat me to it. My only differences were going to be that the case should be a Zalman Z11 Plus*, and that the 760 should be EVGA (but ASUS works just as well.)*.

*literally just personal preference from my build, the built in fans on the z11 plus made it fantastic for first builds and made it hassle free on the cooling, All i had to get was an aftermarket cpu cooler. I liked the EVGA due to her power and the fact that she comes with a free copy of a game. Take these with a grain of salt, you don't by any means have to listen to these suggestions I give.

Still Much appreciated DMatakami! I will definitely replace the power supply as soon as I scarf up the money and hopefully that solves the issue! You have all been so great and helpful! 

-BT

just a small tip: you power supply has 2 kinds of 8-pin connectors. One for the motherboard and one for the GPU. make sure you don't mix up those 2.

Edited by Master Chief

Chefster, What do you mean? Like when the wires all all plugged in, make sure I don't plug them in incorrectly?

-B

9800GX2label.gif

If you direct plug your cpu 8-pin into your pci-e 8 pin, you will fry your video card.