Sign in to follow this  
yeet

Upgrading in a few months.....

So as many of you know I own a ninja 250, while lacking in power it's still very fun to ride. I've got around 3000 miles on it now and by the end of this season plan to upgrade to a 600cc bike. I have throttle control and am not a COMPLETE idiot, hell I haven't even topped my 250 out yet. I was looking into some bikes and lowered my search to an 07 CBR600 and maybe an R6 (suggestions are welcome)

CBR600 07CBR600RR_013.jpg?t=1197859411

By far my favorite choice of style and paintjob, my parents are trying to get me to lean into Harleys (We've got 2) but I'm not planning to switch to one anytime soon and get one of these. They're taking me to a dealer and the dealer said I could test drive any of them since I have my license . After this season I plan to have around 6000k miles all together, I figure they would be cheaper at that time too. I checked up on all the things that the bikes offer and I really do like the CBR600 and that paintjob just adds to it's fucking sexy look.

03' and newer r6, probably gonna get one soon myself. Also the triumph 675's are fun too. My buddy's got a daytona 675 really fun to ride and makes a sexy sound in the higher rpms.

So as many of you know I own a ninja 250, while lacking in power it's still very fun to ride. I've got around 3000 miles on it now and by the end of this season plan to upgrade to a 600cc bike. I have throttle control and am not a COMPLETE idiot, hell I haven't even topped my 250 out yet. I was looking into some bikes and lowered my search to an 07 CBR600 and maybe an R6 (suggestions are welcome)

CBR600 07CBR600RR_013.jpg?t=1197859411

By far my favorite choice of style and paintjob, my parents are trying to get me to lean into Harleys (We've got 2) but I'm not planning to switch to one anytime soon and get one of these. They're taking me to a dealer and the dealer said I could test drive any of them since I have my license . After this season I plan to have around 6000k miles all together, I figure they would be cheaper at that time too. I checked up on all the things that the bikes offer and I really do like the CBR600 and that paintjob just adds to it's fucking sexy look.

I honestly semi-regret my CBR600RR, it's loads of fun, fast, love it's styling, etc. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, I find it gets me into trouble for wanting to speed, and really does get uncomfortable after an hour or two of riding. I wish I had waited around and looked harder for my true dream bike of a VFR800. V4 with loads of torque and effing VTEC, comfortable but still very sporty, reliable as hell, cool looking especially with it's single sided swingarm, and can takes bags if you ever really wanna go somewhere with it.

Honda_VFR800_red.jpg

Then why do you need to upgrade?

Something larger, more fitting. I only got the 250 to learn on and I still have some learning to do but feel like I could handle a 600 since I've rode around 3000 miles and plan to have 6000 by the end, of course im going to be cautious since it's a new bike (to me). I'm 6"1 and 205 

I honestly semi-regret my CBR600RR, it's loads of fun, fast, love it's styling, etc. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, I find it gets me into trouble for wanting to speed, and really does get uncomfortable after an hour or two of riding. I wish I had waited around and looked harder for my true dream bike of a VFR800. V4 with loads of torque and effing VTEC, comfortable but still very sporty, reliable as hell, cool looking especially with it's single sided swingarm, and can takes bags if you ever really wanna go somewhere with it.

Honda_VFR800_red.jpg

i never thought honda integrated vtec into motorcycles. i want this on a cbr stat.

youll get tired of it after a month or 2. and a high possibility that you would want a 600.

Yeah I hear that a lot, I'm eventually going to sell it for around 2300 and save up for one after awhile

told you so! anyways im selling my 09 r6 raven. located in sf ca. lmk if interested.

5x99.jpg

I started with a 250 ninja too. Upgrading my fam wanted me to get a Harley too haha. That is not going to happen until I get older. My new bike is the Kawasaki Z750s. I LOVE it. It is fast and very comfortable to ride. The cbr is soooo nice looken though! I would get that or z750 

BS1Juc1.jpg

Something larger, more fitting. I only got the 250 to learn on and I still have some learning to do but feel like I could handle a 600 since I've rode around 3000 miles and plan to have 6000 by the end, of course im going to be cautious since it's a new bike (to me). I'm 6"1 and 205
as a long time rider and doer of stupid things on the bike, that's stupid. You upgrade to get something more, you haven't hit the potential of what you have. The cbr600 is significantly more powerful. I mean shit 250 maxes at 87 down hill and you haven't been there yet, you dont need a 600.. Top it out, learn to drag your knees, find that point where the front wheel lifts up and control it, then upgrade.

My second bike was a vfr800, and I agree, great bike.

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk

as a long time rider and doer of stupid things on the bike, that's stupid. You upgrade to get something more, you haven't hit the potential of what you have. The cbr600 is significantly more powerful. I mean shit 250 maxes at 87 down hill and you haven't been there yet, you dont need a 600.. Top it out, learn to drag your knees, find that point where the front wheel lifts up and control it, then upgrade.

My second bike was a vfr800, and I agree, great bike.

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk

Topped it out recently at a downhill slope going 95. Ill find that spot, I still have 7 months until I upgrade so I'll find that spot and do a lot of stupid shit while I'm at it :P

told you so! anyways im selling my 09 r6 raven. located in sf ca. lmk if interested.

You did :P also shipping cost would be a pain in the ass haha. How much would you sell it for? I'm just wondering like Skotti 

i never thought honda integrated vtec into motorcycles. i want this on a cbr stat.

RITE?!?!?!?!?!?!?

vtec, on a dang production bike.

I'm already trying to sell my CBR so I can get a VFR, and get into touring instead. Also considering a BMW F800GS, dream touring would be a KTM Adventure R.

If you wanna buy an 08 CBR, with 18.2k miles hit me up.  :P

EDIT: located in LA, CA....

Edited by DrKhanMD

The birds in the video prove it's fast

Yeah I hit 120 yesterday, top speed is 168mph (270km) but fuck that

MtDvZDJ.jpg

After a wash, the bike is a dream

Yeah I hit 120 yesterday, top speed is 168mph (270km) but fuck that

MtDvZDJ.jpg

After a wash, the bike is a dream

Good for you. Enjoy it!

Put it on nos

ur retarded

What do you think of this Skotti? 

100-pictures-of-the-2014-bmw-r1200gs-adv

BMW r1200gs adventure 2014. 

i think every bike is cool in its own way. Besides Hyosung. Fuck those things.

That being said, the headlight housing on the BMW dual sport is bitchin, and it has a boxer motor. Which is also bitchin.