Sign in to follow this  
Clarkus

Project Christine

Not really. Razer's just taking the fun of a PC and making their own components, essentially forcing people to buy more shit from them and them only if they want better parts.

just build your own damn pc.

Shut the fuck up ichalvl, no ones being forced to buy razers shit. Its a cool concept you fucken kill joy

Edited by clarkus

Shut the fuck up ichalvl, no ones being forced to buy razers shit. Its a cool concept you fucken kill joy

Tell me when you see a hard drive, graphics card, storage unit, or anything else that a PC uses, shaped like that.

Tell me when you see a hard drive, graphics card, storage unit, or anything else that a PC uses, shaped like that.

What the fuck does the shape of it have to do with anything? this concept makes it easier to interchange your pc parts . Its kind of like that block phone posted a couple months ago. (https://phonebloks.com/en/goals). Its a good idea.

Edited by clarkus

Oh yeah. This same video has been made into 2 topics before yours.

And the shape means a lot... Look at it. That's not how computer components look.

Oh yeah. This same video has been made into 2 topics before yours.

And the shape means a lot... Look at it. That's not how computer components look.

I don't understand whats wrong with the shape of the parts. They are easy to take out and easy to put back in. They're like gameboy cartridges but instead of games its componets such as graphics cards cpu's and water coolers, its fucken awesome, might be expensive af, but its awesome. 

I don't understand whats wrong with the shape of the parts. They are easy to take out and easy to put back in. They're like gameboy cartridges but instead of games its componets such as graphics cards cpu's and water coolers, its fucken awesome, might be expensive af, but its awesome. 

What Ichalvl is trying to say is that Razer is just going to take this idea and overprice the shit out of it. It's most likely going to be only compatible with Razer parts, so they'll be able to mark up the price a ton. Really it's just charging people extra for being too lazy to build their own PC. I'd be happily proved wrong if they're trying to make this idea public and have the price driven down by competition, though. Also what Ichalvl was saying with the shape is that the shape of a tower PC with the parts inside is efficient for cooling, but with the shape of the Christine they're driven to use what they say is "mineral oil" for cooling which is probably pretty expensive.

Edited by BananaPeelz

It's like buying a HP or Asus gaming desktop but you pay a lot more for the Razer brand and "easier-to-replace" components. it also wont last, connections from components to motherboard change trough time (SATA II => SATA III, PCI-E 2.0 => PCI-E 3.0)

Also:49083795.jpg

Edited by Master Chief

Have you ever seen a pcb? It's a flat rectangle. They'd fit insde those just fine

Woops double post

Edited by Destin