Sign in to follow this  
Blublub

Is anyone excited for Dark Souls II?

I can't help the mini walls of text, sorry guys. I'm bad at keeping shit short even though I try. Kind of surprised I haven't seen anything about Dark Souls II posted on here so far, unless I've missed it.

But anyway, I'm pretty damn excited about it personally. I absolutely love the Souls games. I've played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and the beta for Dark Souls II. I personally didn't like Dark Souls as much as I did Demon's Souls but that's probably just because I played Demon's Souls first and I didn't like a few changes that were made. I loved the gameplay of Dark Souls II in the beta, and they brought back a few things in Demon's Souls that I liked. I can't wait to play it in a few days. The PS3 release date is 3/11/2014 and I pre-ordered it for that. PC is 4/25/2014. I'm going to get it for PC as well when it comes out. I don't know how many hours I'm going to waste on this game. I've wasted several hundred on Demon's Souls and a hundred or two on Dark Souls. It's going to be fucking amazing.

If you're getting the game for PC or PS3 hit me up and we can play. I'd like to play with people from the sG forums.

Random shit for people who don't know the games. If I have anything wrong feel free to correct me.

For those who don't know what Dark Souls II is, it's an upcoming action RPG that will be on PC, PS3, and 360. There was a game called King's Field which basically started it all on older systems (If I recall it was on Playstation), but the series didn't get popular until the PS3 exclusive Demon's Souls. It was noted for being an extremely hard game, with several bullshit moments but these bullshit moments just made it more difficult. Difficulty slider? Nope; always on hard. You die? You lose half of your HP and the monsters get harder. That's just to sum up the difficulty. Even trash mobs can effortlessly kill you in this game if you are not careful. Soon after Dark Souls came out for PS3 and 360 and they changed a few things, namely the HP being halved was removed. This is when the games got really popular to the point where the developers even made a PC port because people kept asking for it... Which might I add was a shit port, but they said it was going to be before they even did it anyway. (The PC port also was followed with a DLC called Prepare To Die) That's pretty much all you need to know about the series, if you're interested you shouldn't be exactly worried about having to play the previous games if you want to just jump into Dark Souls II, but I would recommend playing the previous games first.

Funny review I saw a few of years ago of Demon's Souls I figured I'd share: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnyVo3XWqV0

It sums up the game pretty well.

TL;DR: FUCKING AMAZING GAME. IT IS HARD AS SHIT. PICK IT UP AND PLAY IT WITH ME SO I AM NOT SO LONELY

Ah, and I'll answer any questions about what I saw in the beta if asked for.

Anything about the Souls series goes as well here.

I've been thinking of buying it. I loved Dark souls but I haven't tried Demon souls myself.

If you have a PS3 I highly recommend you get Demon's Souls. It's not as open world as Dark Souls is by any means, but the gameplay is still good. Demon's Souls overall (in my opinion) has a more dark feeling to it than Dark Souls. I won't guarantee this so don't take my word on it, but I also feel like the movement and fighting in Demon's Souls is better than in Dark Souls. It seems much smoother to me. I also like the boss design a lot more. Edit: On the movement and fighting subject, what I saw in Dark Souls II beta felt a loooot more smooth. Parry and riposte animations are nicer and as are the back stabs.

Edit again:

After I get the full release of Dark Souls II I'll probably write up something up about the gameplay. It's going to be a bit different than in the beta I am sure. As it is I recommend Dark Souls II from my beta experience but there wasn't really all that much to do in it. I'm expecting a lot from the full release.

Edited by Blublub

One of my buddies told me about Dark souls, he is pumped for the second one.  I have never played it, but have heard only good things (and about how hard it is).  I might get DS2 when it comes out.

One of my buddies told me about Dark souls, he is pumped for the second one.  I have never played it, but have heard only good things (and about how hard it is).  I might get DS2 when it comes out.

Dude play the first one before you try out the second one. 

I avoiding any god damn thread on the internet to avoid spoilers.

I've already been tricked into watching 2 boss videos.

Fucking from making me wait an extra month for pc.

fuck you blub

I love you buddy.

Dude play the first one before you try out the second one. 

I second this, but you don't really HAVE to. It's not absolutely required.

So psyched for this. First game I'm going to pre-purchase for full price in a long time.

This is the first game I've ever actually bothered to pre-order. Been playing Demon's Souls the last couple of days to get ready.

I avoiding any god damn thread on the internet to avoid spoilers.

I've already been tricked into watching 2 boss videos.

Fucking from making me wait an extra month for pc.

Hm... Well, maybe we should hide spoilers then? There are none I have seen in this thread so far. So I guess if anyone posts any spoilers from here on, make sure to use the spoiler function.

You will die if you read this example

Edited by Blublub

Welp, in a couple of hours I'm going to go drive a couple hours to another city just to pick up this shit. Living in a forest is awesome, I get to go on hour drives just to pick up a game  from gamestop. I can't wait to play, anyone else get it for PS3 today?