Sign in to follow this  
Lesbian Dad

Need a new video card!

/>

Nvidia

760 as others said

burn amd burn

There are just no reasonable AMD cards once you get above 200. The card that I have is the only amd card that i would even suggest. But it is on par with the 660 ti.

Either way nvidia all the way for this price point.

Maybe centran can find a 770 for a good price.

Here in 2 weeks im gonna get a 760 then in like 5 months im gonna get a second one and then SLI them, if you do that no longer will you fear next gen graphics > :D

I'm currently Running SLI 760's and to put it into perspective.

Went from running BF4 at 45-50 fps at medium settings to Running it at Ultra at a constant 60-70 fps.

Totally worth it imo to get two 760's.

If you're going to SLI, get a blower-based card. In retrospect, I completely regret getting my power editions specifically for SLI reasons. A blower setup exhausts air outside of the case while a traditional fan setup pulls air and pushes it into the case and "under" the card, which means the top card is crazy hot while the bottom card is a normal temp

EDIT: It's going to be louder (than dual-fan), but a blower-style solution is always going to be a reference design, so you're open to a full cooling loop if you should go that route at some point.

Edited by Moflstomp.mp3

If you're going to SLI, get a blower-based card. In retrospect, I completely regret getting my power editions specifically for SLI reasons. A blower setup exhausts air outside of the case while a traditional fan setup pulls air and pushes it into the case and "under" the card, which means the top card is crazy hot while the bottom card is a normal temp

EDIT: It's going to be louder (than dual-fan), but a blower-style solution is always going to be a reference design, so you're open to a full cooling loop if you should go that route at some point.

i have a cooler master hafX right now and so im good on fans, when i upgrade there is a good chance im gonna triple sli the 760's and go to water cooling or something like that

i have a cooler master hafX right now and so im good on fans, when i upgrade there is a good chance im gonna triple sli the 760's and go to water cooling or something like that

Boy, you are special kind of stupid. I have a HAF 932 with 2 dual-fan GTX 670s. One runs 20C cooler than the other. Same speeds, same card, lucked out on the same exact batch. If you get SLI, get a blower card.  Air gets pushed OUTSIDE the case instead of up and into the case

Boy, you are special kind of stupid. I have a HAF 932 with 2 dual-fan GTX 670s. One runs 20C cooler than the other. Same speeds, same card, lucked out on the same exact batch. If you get SLI, get a blower card.  Air gets pushed OUTSIDE the case instead of up and into the case

aight will do, thanks u :D