Sign in to follow this  
ROFL

ty math teacher :,)

IIT: I'm in harder things, you're dumb!

Stop being faggots.

there are no curves like there are in middle school - not for advanced classes at least.

I still don't know what people think a curve means. Does it mean adding x points to everyone's grade? Using a grade scale that isn't 90+ A, 80+B, etc. ?
Edited by splewis

You'll learn one day that any grade you get doesn't even mean anything in the real world lol. But you aren't supposed to know that yet.

A curve is bringing up everyone's grade if the majority of the class does bad in the course. I'm pretty sure that's up to the professors discretion though.

Edited by Travesty

IIT: I'm in harder things, you're dumb!

Stop being faggots.

I still don't know what people think a curve means. Does it mean adding x points to everyone's grade? Using a grade scale that isn't 90+ A, 80+B, etc. ?

there's different curves

some teachers give a flat point curve where if no one makes a 100, they give the amount of points that it takes to get 1 person to a 100 to everyone. i.e. highest grade on a test is 88. everyone gets a 12 point curve. haven't seen that one in college, but that's how it worked in my high school.

other curve is like bell curve, most of the class is going to be curved until there's an average grade of like a C or a B or some shit. idk how that shit works but thats the gist of it

there's different curves

some teachers give a flat point curve where if no one makes a 100, they give the amount of points that it takes to get 1 person to a 100 to everyone. i.e. highest grade on a test is 88. everyone gets a 12 point curve. haven't seen that one in college, but that's how it worked in my high school.

other curve is like bell curve, most of the class is going to be curved until there's an average grade of like a C or a B or some shit. idk how that shit works but thats the gist of it

I know what those means, but I always get annoyed when people say shit like "is the professor going to curve the exam?", or "he should curve this, it was so hard!".  It has some connotation of being "I want free points". 

I dunno, I just get mad when people won't stop talking about grades in classes - as if annoying a professor is going to make him more likely to help you.

I know what those means, but I always get annoyed when people say shit like "is the professor going to curve the exam?", or "he should curve this, it was so hard!".  It has some connotation of being "I want free points". 

that's the point though. they want free points. most of my teachers told us if they were going to curve an exam or not, though, so it got rid of the bitching.