Sign in to follow this  
cloudabove1303

Graphic Card Problems

While I was playing CS:S, all of a sudden my game froze up for a minuete then went to a blue screen that said something about the nv4_disp and restarted my system. I did the error report thing and it told me to get the update for the driver. I went on the site and got the update but still the message shows up. Anyone have a clue what I can do to fix this?

My Computer Spec:

Manufacturer: Built Myself

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Memory: 4GB of RAM (XP recognized only 3.5GB)

Hard Drive: 200 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

Monitor: ViewSonic Q20wb

Sound Card: SoundMAX HD Audio

Keyboard: Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard

Mouse: Logitech MXâ„¢518 Gaming-Grade Optical Mouse

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2

Hmm sounds wierd? NV=Nvidia problem. Try getting the newest drivers from evga.com. Remove ur old drivers in safe mod. Try not overclocking any thing probly overheating is happing.

For one it has nothing to do with overclocking, and with a dual cpu you don't need to overclock. Its a registry error. I have a program if you want that will fix it without these steps but here ya go. Add me to xfire

To Fix the Problem

1. Start the Computer Tapping the F8 Key as Soon as u push the button to start it keep tapping till you see "WINDOWS Advance options menu"

2. Highlight the Option Safe Mode using the Arrow Keys on your Keyboard and hit Enter to Select the option.

3. Hit Enter again on Windows XP under Please Select an Operating System.

4. Select ADMINISTRATOR on the Welcome Screen and Click on YES on the Popup Message which will say Windows is running in safe mode.......

5. Click on START and give a right Click on MY COMPUTER icon and select properties with left click, this will pop up a system properties Windows under that select HARDWARE on top and under that select DEVICE MANAGER

6. Under Device manager click on the '+' sign next to DISPLAY ADAPTERS and give a right click on the NVIDIA Adapter and select uninstall and click OK on the Confirmation POP UP.

7. Close All the Windows and Restart the System Normally.... Windows Will start normally without any errors but with the basic Display Settings.

8. Locate you Display Drivers CD and install the Drivers from the Disc for your NVIDIA Card and the Issue will be Resolved

i

Well ya i said that u should go into safe mode to delete ur current drivers. And waylon just wrote the steps on how to do it for further help gj waylon. But don't use the drivers that came in ur cd thier out dated. Go to evga.com or nvidia.com to download newest drivers. The nvidia guy told me not to use the cd drivers cuz thier out dated well atleast for my 8800.

Guest some fag

NV_4 DISP, you say?

Thats a display driver error (usually a loop). Uninstall your current drivers and reinstall them or get the newest ones from here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_169.21_whql.html

If that doesn't fix it, post... We'll figure something out.

Actually, the best way to fix your issue is to buy a decent video card, but whatever.