Sign in to follow this  
Pinoy

New TV

Hey, Guys.

So, I finally talked my dad into getting a new HDTV for '09 and my Xbox.

Hes a die-hard SAMSUNG fan, and so that's obviously the brand we're going to get.

If you also have a SAMSUNG, I would like your opinion on it.

We're set on getting this, - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16889102132

but if there's any better deal on a 1080p by SAMSUNG, please post here.

BTW, it has to be Black, lol.

I dunno why, but that's what my dad told me.

EDIT: We don't really want to spend more than $1,400.

I have an amazing Samsung 56 inch DLP but I'm not sure of its product ID.

Aren't DLPs like in the $2k?

Pinoy ur lucky...very lucky xD

Lol thanks.

It's the revolution, man, tell your father to join it.

Guest Fohacidal

Your gonna have to settile with around 40 inches or less pinoy, I myself have a flatscreen sharp 52" hdtv, it does me wonders but set us back about 3k when we bought it

Waylon is right, the 120Hz really helps with games, and if you watch sports/ action movies. I love our LG:

http://us.lge.com/products/model/detail/tv...LBX__null.jhtml

42" 120Hz USB Media Host, LCD

It Retails for $2099, but we got ours for $1799, its god like, no problems, no lag, no lines, looks AMAZING on my 360.

EDIT: That was with shipping/ delivery.

yeah but they want Samsung. Samsung is the way to go, and tell your dad to get it at bestbuy or circuit city because they have no interest deals til 2012 and shit.

dude Samsung actually make really good products. I've noticed from my eye anyway that their T.V.'s are better quality. I have a samsung monitor and 2 Samsung writemasters, which are great products.

40" for your Xbox? What the fuck? 19" non-flatscreen is enough visual aid for me.

I'm currently on a 19"W, which is my computer monitor, for my Xbox lol.

Your gonna have to settile with around 40 inches or less pinoy, I myself have a flatscreen sharp 52" hdtv, it does me wonders but set us back about 3k when we bought it

Anything above 40" my dad doesn't really want, which I don't mind.

He'll go for a 42" etc, though.

My gaming room is small enough to make it look super big, considering it already is.

DLP suck ass, in my opinion. If I were your dad, I would hold off and get the 120Hz man. It cuts out the traces. I think anything less is a waste of money. Its worth the extra money. Its unbelievably low on newegg for 1999.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16889102169

I don't think I can push any more money than I'm already asking, unless I paid for the rest.

Well, he doesn't really understand the more technical part of this either. Hes leaving it up to me to find the best deal/tv.

yeah but they want Samsung. Samsung is the way to go, and tell your dad to get it at bestbuy or circuit city because they have no interest deals til 2012 and shit.

I'll check out their websites.

Forgot about the local companies -.-".

BTW Guys, Sorry I haven't been able to reply every second, lol.

Still no internet.

1 month to go -.-".

So there's clearly a difference with 120hz compared to.. is it 60hz?

Best Buy's cheapest SAMSUNG 1080p is $1,300. $100 more than Newegg.

CC's cheapest SAMSUNG 1080p is $1,200, same as Newegg, but I don't know if there is any at my local CC, as it doesn't show up in store search thingy.

But get the Best Buy card and you get no interest til 2012 meaning you get none if you pay it off before hand. Two it makes your payments easier, like 80 bucks a month

But get the Best Buy card and you get no interest til 2012 meaning you get none if you pay it off before hand. Two it makes your payments easier, like 80 bucks a month

Are you referring to rewards card or like bestbuy credit card?

My dad isn't one who likes to owe money so it will be most likely be paid off before 2012.

I think he would prefer a monthly payment of that instead of dumping all of it onto my mom's credit card or something at once.

He's talking about the rewards zone card I'm pretty sure, because we could do that, but didn't buy there because their service sucks ass.

Alright cool, then it's not the credit card.

I think my dad would hate me if I had to sign up for it.

I'll see if I can sign up for that Rewards Zone program, and hopefully get the financing Waylon was talking about.