Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

Do we want a MORBUS server?

64 members have voted

1. 1. MORBUS Server?

• Yes I think that would be cool
    • No I do not think a Morbus server would be good
    • I don't know / I don't care

Like the title suggests, please vote and discuss!

MORBUS is a popular game mode like TTT and is run through Garry's Mod. The key difference is that instead of 'traitors' you have 'Brood Aliens' which can disguise themselves like humans and have special powers.

More here:

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/showthread.php?t=1092742

http://www.joinsg.net/topic/56736-because-ghost-is-really-bad-at-making-threads/#entry760691

Final count(technically) 42-2

Morbus is a mode very similar to TTT, but instead of having Traitors and innocents, it has Aliens and Humans. It also has a few objectives such as sleeping, eating and going to the bathroom in order to keep people active.

There are two types of Aliens; Swarm and Brood. Swarm is a type of alien you'll see in the video. it's very similar to spitters in L4D2 and is the lesser of the two aliens. Brood is the type of alien that can disguise itself as a human(use weapons, items, etc) and can kill people in this form. However, if it needs to, it can shift into an alien permanently which some bonuses. When an alien kills a human either a swarm or a brood is created. In order for humans to win, they need to kill off all the brood and vice versa for aliens. In order to figure out who is a brood, players have to look for and find the bodies of humans turned brood. This way they'll know the name of the human they cannot trust and need to kill. It does have a system similar to karma called "Sanity", Sanity is lowered when you kill an innocent person and in turn your senses start to degrade(vision, hearing, etc). For talking there is OOC but voice is only local, similar to how DarkRP operates. There are a few morbus maps, but none of them are spectacular so far.

Morbus is a type of gameplay we should consider making a server before based on the popularity of TTT. It's also a very raw gamemode which means it has a ton of potential. We could be able to diversify it by developing unique maps, adding new features for humans/aliens(similar to TTT weapons. Maybe have a ship commander(similar to detective) and a broodmother for T?) and because of the lack of morbus servers, it shouldn't be hard to get it up and going.

What are your opinions?

Edited by Oreo

I voted no not because I don't like the mod(I enjoy it) but because I don't think it will be really that popular. Its a pretty buggy mod as I see it and it will most likely use up a lot of needed resources knowing gmod.

I voted no not because I don't like the mod(I enjoy it) but because I don't think it will be really that popular. Its a pretty buggy mod as I see it and it will most likely use up a lot of needed resources knowing gmod.

Just wondering, based off your experience playing the mod, what exactly is buggy about it? We haven't come across any bugs whatsoever in the mod and have actually come across a ton of areas where we could improve it and expand much of its gameplay.

Just wondering, based off your experience playing the mod, what exactly is buggy about it? We haven't come across any bugs whatsoever in the mod and have actually come across a ton of areas where we could improve it and expand much of its gameplay.

I played the mod a looooong time ago. That was based off of that experience. I did enjoy the mod it was also really laggy on my PC..

I dont think we should.

The game mode is really new. There are not the features that TTT has. If someone is willing to put the work into it and do dev for it, then sure. 

Get in early, have a strong reputation.

I dont think we should.

The game mode is really new. There are not the features that TTT has. If someone is willing to put the work into it and do dev for it, then sure. 

So you're saying we shouldn't have a Morbus server because it would be vanilla when our TTT used to be pretty much vanilla?

I dont think we should.

It's not that new though. It's been around for a good while. It's very solid in it's vanilla form aswell.