Sign in to follow this  
SpecialBrownies

So, I'm Getting into Snowboarding...

So basically, last year, I started to snowboard very often, but using rentals and shitty gear in general. I'm prepping for this season, and I need opinions on gear. What would be good in terms of goggles, warm and proper apparel (pants, jackets), and a board, bindings and boots. Also would like to know what I should wear under the outer layer.

Price wise, I'd like to have 3 ranges.

-Cheap, but works.

-Moderate and does a damn fine job

-Expensive and exceeds expectations

I am ~ 5'6 or ~ 5'7 and weigh 165 lbs.

Go for electric goggles, you can get some 70 dollar ones that are real nice

For boots, i would go with Burton but it will run you like 100 i currently use Burton moto's

And for a board i would no doubt go with a RIDE. Rides are cheaper then most boards but still really good quality

Personally i ride a 148 I think because i got it a few years back and i am now 5'10 and it works fine, but i also won a lib-tech board for free last winter that's a 151 and that works too

Go for electric goggles, you can get some 70 dollar ones that are real nice

For boots, i would go with Burton but it will run you like 100 i currently use Burton moto's

And for a board i would no doubt go with a RIDE. Rides are cheaper then most boards but still really good quality

Personally i ride a 148 I think because i got it a few years back and i am now 5'10 and it works fine, but i also won a lib-tech board for free last winter that's a 151 and that works too

I have a pair of electric goggles and they're really nice. pretty cheap too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Ya need to get on that XXXXL Tall tee steez, that park rat with the most flamboyant outfit steez, that diplomats circa 2003 steez, that technine steez

but seriously technine riders look like dicks but they have a ton of skill and are pretty rad dudes.

I met Chris Bradshaw a couple years back, good dude.