Sign in to follow this  
Fetterolf

With silenced USP coming

Depends on the mechanics. Details haven't been officially released yet, there's just a lot of speculation at this point. If there's a way to unlock the usp-s without paying (like TF2's achievement system to unlock some weapons), I'll probably split damage into two skills, like it was on WCS, or add a fall damage reduction skill, and remove the ultimate. If there's no alternative to paying, I'll probably leave it as is.

Only tricky part is giving the Silenced USP to Lurkers from my understanding. Yes Counter-Terrorists would have it but if you were a Terrorist you would be stuck with just the USP because there is no difference in weapon "titles" if I understand correctly. Which is also why Crusader's Wish doesn't work with them either. It would be nice to have another ultimate for it but at this time I don't think it's possible

Only tricky part is giving the Silenced USP to Lurkers from my understanding. Yes Counter-Terrorists would have it but if you were a Terrorist you would be stuck with just the USP because there is no difference in weapon "titles" if I understand correctly. Which is also why Crusader's Wish doesn't work with them either. It would be nice to have another ultimate for it but at this time I don't think it's possible

They have their own weapon names (weapon_usp_silencer and weapon_m4a1_silencer). I think Crusader's Wish just hasn't had its code updated to reflect this. Would like a coder to chime in on this issue because I'm not sure how it works with the loadouts and stuff (my skinned m4a4 wasn't spawning as a terrorist so the loadouts might muck up the issue depending on how CW is coded).

Edited by Ika

The current status is that sourcemod doesn't have the ability to choose what type of usp or m4 to spawn, yet. If that changes we'll make the necessary fixes.

The current status is that sourcemod doesn't have the ability to choose what type of usp or m4 to spawn, yet. If that changes we'll make the necessary fixes.

How is weapon spawning/crusader's wish coded? Is there a way to do something like an admin command sm_give weapon_usp_silencer? Or does this still not spawn the exact weapon but rather the one in your loadout? The silenced weapon console names are:

weapon_usp_silencer

weapon_m4a1_silencer

but since the server's currently down I can't see if these work as intended.

Unless we fixed it, the sm_give was crashing the server whenever you gave silenced weapons...

Silenced weapons also seem to cause a number of other small head aches in regards to buying items(nades in particular)

Unless we fixed it, the sm_give was crashing the server whenever you gave silenced weapons...

Silenced weapons also seem to cause a number of other small head aches in regards to buying items(nades in particular)

The ability to buy an infinite number of grenades was caused by a sourcemod hook no longer working, I don't think it had anything to do with the new weapons.

How is weapon spawning/crusader's wish coded? Is there a way to do something like an admin command sm_give weapon_usp_silencer? Or does this still not spawn the exact weapon but rather the one in your loadout? The silenced weapon console names are:

weapon_usp_silencer

weapon_m4a1_silencer

but since the server's currently down I can't see if these work as intended.

When I say sourcemod doesn't have the ability yet, I meant they hadn't even patched sourcemod to make it possible. I see that this morning they updated the latest snapshot with the note "Fix weapon ID checks", so I'll give that a try when the servers are back up.

The ability to buy an infinite number of grenades was caused by a sourcemod hook no longer working, I don't think it had anything to do with the new weapons.

I think he's talking about how you can't even buy a nade unless you drop your weapons. I didn't realize this was related to having a silenced weapon. No idea what is causing that bug.

Why are the servers down, anyway?

When I say sourcemod doesn't have the ability yet, I meant they hadn't even patched sourcemod to make it possible. I see that this morning they updated the latest snapshot with the note "Fix weapon ID checks", so I'll give that a try when the servers are back up.

Never mind, looks like the change was to stop crashing on maps ported from CS:S which had old weapon entities (weapon_m3 instead of weapon_nova, for example). The wait continues!