Sign in to follow this  
Fetterolf

Auto-Team Balance 2

Started this topic as the other one got so derailed it's not even about the team balance issue. Here is my last relevant post

The current plugin the server uses is this one https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1685854. It says right in the description of the plugin

Tired of unbalanced teams during the whole map? You want people to be able to play with different teamates on the same map (also works with jailbreak-like)? That is how this plugin become useful. It is all about team scrambling (NOT balancing). This means fun situation can happen, but it can also be used to break "imba" teams.

The "can be used to break "imba" teams" seems to not work when its a WC3 server. The reason I suggested another plugin https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1720530 which does pretty much the same thing is that the other plugin might use a different system of scrambling cause the current one only seems to move the top players from 1 team to the other team which is not really a scramble in my eyes. I don't see it hurting to try the other plugin as the current one is pretty crappy so this new one will either be just as crappy or might be better but we'll never know until we try it.

This plugin seems to be the only one I can find that says it will balance on team score and player K/D ratio so this one might also be worth a try 

H-Balance (Team balancer) https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1869075

Feature list:

* automatic teambalance on round end (round based mode) / player death (continous mode)

* adjusts team sizes on imbalance and swaps players on team strengh difference

* team balance is calculated based on team score and players kill/death ratio 

* designed NOT to anoy single players by repeatedly swapping them around

* supports CS:GO

* NEW: supports games with respawning like TF2 or DOD

You obviously haven't read the thread.

you haven't read the thread.

The horrible script we have right now is a temporary solution to a lack of authority in the server due to the positions being on hold until staff make their decisions, it's the SO's duties to balance the teams to ensure everyone has a pleasing experience, a script isn't needed, just like it wasn't needed in wcs because of them

You could make it so this plays whenever there is no SO on? Though I'm sure that would give engineers an headache

People have more control than an automated machine does

Wtf. I was looking for a plugin like this forever and then I had to settle with the random scramble plugin. I'll configure it and get it set up tomorrow morning while I'm at work.

+1 Interwebz for you sir.

I got around to adding it tonight. Let's see how it works. I removed the auto scramble plugin.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It's kinda fucked when population is low lol. Cts won long enough to trigger a balance, it took the lowest person on the t side and added them to ct. That's it.

The horrible script we have right now is a temporary solution to a lack of authority in the server due to the positions being on hold until staff make their decisions, it's the SO's duties to balance the teams to ensure everyone has a pleasing experience, a script isn't needed, just like it wasn't needed in wcs because of them

Behos just fucking stop already. You abandoned the community after WCS went down and now that WAR3 is up you suddenly come back like it was a god given right you be SO for it. Stop fucking making the argument that SOs only balance teams and stop saying WCS didn't need it/have it. IIRC WCS1 had a team balance plug-in that worked 75% of the time just leave again.

I find it to be working semi good actually. Instead of it moving the top 4 from each team back and forth it actually moves players 1-2 at a time to slowly balance through the map and i am seeing most of the time i play now (probably 10-11 maps since its been on) most end with a max of a 5 point difference. Its not perfect as it would be impossible to find a plugin that would perfectly balance a WC3 server as all servers have different races etc but all in all its working a ton better than the old one in my eyes.

EDIT: The only time I am seeing not do a great job of "balance" is on a det map but the teams themselves are pretty balanced but t's always seems to win more as the bomb gets planted and usually blows even with mostly even teams but balance isn't really how many times a team wins its more on there being the same amount of people alive at the end of the round or close to the same amount for the entirety of the map.

Edited by Fetterolf

you suddenly come back like it was a god given right you be SO for it

it is

Stop fucking making the argument that SOs only balance teams

?

stop saying WCS didn't need it/have it

but it didn't

IIRC WCS1

I don't remember you

WCS1 had a team balance plug-in that worked 75% of the time

25% of the time, it works all the time, just like your brain

just leave again.

nah

I'll be trying out the plugin today (with my new desk, I'll be using my right hand for the first time in years so expect me to suck!!) and I'll be giving my thoughts in an edit, although I have a feeling I know how it'll turn out

For team balance, is there not a way so everyone just gets auto-assigned as soon they join? That way teams won't get stacked in the beginning.

For team balance, is there not a way so everyone just gets auto-assigned as soon they join? That way teams won't get stacked in the beginning.

Teams will still get stacked, it's bound to happen though slightly less often. 

Teams will still get stacked, it's bound to happen though slightly less often. 

Yeah but at least it stops a bunch of people grouping up to one side right in the beginning

plugin doesnt work when the population is below ~12ish. half the time it takes the best player and puts them on the worse team and switches the worst player, which just makes the worse team the better team. i'd say it's better for high population, but worse for low.

jk, doesn't work too well. bases team off of map score, not player score (it seems, i dont feel like reading the plugin). you end up with things like this: http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/882989280454816245/AAE3F1B6AF850DBAD01EB4426F5D1C355C1D6BCE/

Edited by Sketchmaticx

Wtf. I was looking for a plugin like this forever and then I had to settle with the random scramble plugin. I'll configure it and get it set up tomorrow morning while I'm at work. 

YAAAAY finally now maybe now i won't get swapped teams when i'm going 4-16 cause that'll surely balance the teams /endsarcasm