Sign in to follow this  
Ichalvl

My suggestion list for the next CS:GO tourney

Hey all,

This first CS:GO tourney you're holding sounds great, sucks I had to drop out of it at the last second, though we did get 2 good players on our team in my and Apuchu's absence.

Oreo, in the main thread, pointed this out:

Oreo, on 25 Jul 2013 - 8:58 PM, said:snapback.png

Yeah, I'm double posting but mobile has no edit options. Tl;Dr, sub system rewards too many high skill players, it supports people purposely dropping out. Not saying Bricks team is bullshitting or anything, but they just apparently got ika and n2f by dropping two lesser skilled players. Should've had ten teams pick 6/7 people each and either rotate players each new game or keep a sub out. Lower team numbers but less issues revolving around substitutions.

I do believe he has a point, and wanted to chime in with my current views and ideas on ways to fix the tourney in the future.

- Make the exact match schedule public prior to the event. I, and possibly others, would like to know at what times the matches are at, because if I can play on Day 1 from 2-5PM then I can possibly coordinate it so my match, on Day 1, is in a timeframe I can fit.

- Allow each team to have two "backups" for their matches. If one of the players gets caught up in something, the backups can clear it up. Also, if the backup can clear for the guy who couldn't make it, don't penalize the guy who couldn't make it, since no harm was done in the end of it all.

- This is a work-in-progress, though I feel that each team that loses can pick one teammate and one player from the enemy team to swap teams. This ensures that if one player is "carrying" a team a whole bunch, the team that won no longer has their "carrier". Though, at this point, the team who lost now has someone to carry them. (This also won't work if they don't add more "sub-games" to the tourney, because as of now if you lose you're out of the whole tourney. 

- If possible, base the leaders of teams off of competitive matchmaking rank. This way, people like wind.exe and sketch can't weasel out of being captain to be on the same team (because that would fucking suck). 

- If the previous suggestion doesn't work, randomize the team pool. Out of the, let's say, 70 participants, make 10 teams of 7. The teams can practice on their own terms and decide who will be backup / etc. 

- Allow the people, upon entering the contest, to say if they want to be an actual player or a backup for the team. This will make it so players who only want to play one game or so can do that. 

That's all of the feedback I have now. Some of these ideas I thoroughly thought out, the others I just kinda... typed out and thought it looked good. Any more suggestions / etc will be added if I / others deem them appropriate. 

Posting match schedule pre-registration doesn't seem plausable. The times played are at the mercy of how many players/teams we get and how man servers we are able to run. Keep in mind that we did roughly estimate the time area that games would take place in the announcement thread (Evening/Afternoon/etc)

Edited by Tristan.

How about you twats make sure you can actually make the estimated times before you sign up you bunch of dundercunts

This, and I also agree with the subs being picked beforehand per team. Your team just got OP

What I want to add for either this tournament for the next round or so, or the next one is also about subs. I feel that allowing subs is fine, as long as their skill in the game is equal to the one that they are replacing. As we have seen, subs have made more of an impact on teams then the actual teams themselves. Watching 4v5 games really sucks because of how unfair it is and for the next tourney we should definitely have a 6th player pick on each team. This does mean that they may not be able to play any games, but atleast it solves the subbing situations.

Also suggestions for next tourney, high skilled rank players should be captains, maybe 5 to a team or more but maybe make it so anyone can sub in the tourney as long as they're the same rank/skill. Too many blowouts 16-2 or less and too many 4v5s :P had a great time though #TeamBowlCut