Sign in to follow this  
Dylan

player models arent loading correctly TTT help

Whenever I get on TTT I can't see player models, I've tryed backing up files(didn't work)

I dont know what to do I love to play TTT just can't because I can't see anyone.

kxvYJIs.jpg Basiclly Everyone is invisible to me and I cant see nothing. I have been told its a css proble just not told what to do with CSS

The fix is simple

go into your C:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/Garrysmod/garrysmod folder. If you don't know, that's where you can install reskins, addons, and the such. Go look online if you don't know how to get there

Now that you're into the Garrysmod/garrysmod folder, you'll see another folder titled "cfg" which is under the folder called "cache" and above the folder that says "data". enter the cfg folder, and if it isn't there, create a folder named "cfg" without quotation marks.

next, go into the cfg folder and see if there's a file called "autoexec.cfg". If you can find it in the cfg folder, delete it, and then do the following

1. create a new text document inside of the cfg folder

2. in the text document, copy and paste what's in quotes into the text document

fps_max 5

net_graph 1

mat_showlowresimage 1

net_showevents 1
phys_timescale 0.1

all of these commands are commands which alter garrysmod's allover data tickrate, which is why you can't see the models. When games load models in engines as old as source, the models flicker, but really fast that you can't tell. The problem is that your game's tick rate is off by a tiny bit, so now instead of seeing the ticks where the models show up, you're seeing the empty no models.

make sure you copy what's in quotes and paste it into your text file

now then:

3. go to file on the text document, and click save as

4. when it asks you for the name, type in "autoexec.cfg" (without quotes) and on the dropdown box underneath the typing area, click it and make sure it's set to "all files" and not ".txt files" so that it can save as a cfg

5. now that you're modified autoexec.cfg is created, launch garrysmod and start playing

6. FOR SAFE MEASURES. when in game, go to options, video, and then click advanced, and make sure you enable verticle sync. this is important

this is guranteed to work, because a few of my friends have had this issue aswell. it's probably from the new update too. anyway, glad i could help.

Edited by siesan

The fix is simple

go into your C:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/Garrysmod/garrysmod folder. If you don't know, that's where you can install reskins, addons, and the such. Go look online if you don't know how to get there

Now that you're into the Garrysmod/garrysmod folder, you'll see another folder titled "cfg" which is under the folder called "cache" and above the folder that says "data". enter the cfg folder, and if it isn't there, create a folder named "cfg" without quotation marks.

next, go into the cfg folder and see if there's a file called "autoexec.cfg". If you can find it in the cfg folder, delete it, and then do the following

1. create a new text document inside of the cfg folder

2. in the text document, copy and paste what's in quotes into the text document

all of these commands are commands which alter garrysmod's allover data tickrate, which is why you can't see the models. When games load models in engines as old as source, the models flicker, but really fast that you can't tell. The problem is that your game's tick rate is off by a tiny bit, so now instead of seeing the ticks where the models show up, you're seeing the empty no models.

make sure you copy what's in quotes and paste it into your text file

now then:

3. go to file on the text document, and click save as

4. when it asks you for the name, type in "autoexec.cfg" (without quotes) and on the dropdown box underneath the typing area, click it and make sure it's set to "all files" and not ".txt files" so that it can save as a cfg

5. now that you're modified autoexec.cfg is created, launch garrysmod and start playing

6. FOR SAFE MEASURES. when in game, go to options, video, and then click advanced, and make sure you enable verticle sync. this is important

this is guranteed to work, because a few of my friends have had this issue aswell. it's probably from the new update too. anyway, glad i could help.

You can play TTT like it's a slideshow.