Sign in to follow this  
Shadow

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Tournament

I think u don't know what seeds are for.

it's to prevent 1 and 2 hitting each other in the lower brackets of the tournament. u need to watch more bball nigga

Opponents may be allocated randomly (such as in the FA Cup); however, since the "luck of the draw" may result in the highest-rated competitors being scheduled to face each other early in the competition, seeding is often used to prevent this. Brackets are set up so that the top two seeds could not possibly meet until the final round (should both advance that far), none of the top four can meet prior to the semi-finals, and so on. If no seeding is used, the tournament is called a random knockout tournament.
Edited by Pebbz.

I think u don't know what seeds are for.

it's to prevent 1 and 2 hitting each other in the lower brackets of the tournament. u need to watch more bball nigga

I do understand that, but to rate people based on no previous experience or placing is just as idiotic. The teams hopefully will be decently balanced.

thats the point. if u cant power rank teams then seeding doesnt matter. 

wtver i dont rly care

Edited by Pebbz.

thats the point. if u cant power rank teams then seeding doesnt matter. 

wtver i dont rly care

Exactly so teams are just being randomly placed against each other. The seeding only represents who is the home or away team. I could of done it other ways, but this was a simple way to do it.

I didn't think I would have to include that. It is 35 seconds in pretty much any setting or game type. Hostage maps are never included in competitive gameplay. No knife rounds.

1:45 round times are just as standard as a 35s bomb timer and you included it  :mellow:

No, pretty sure rounds are typically 2:00

No, they're not... valve's matchmaking just uses 2:00 round and 45s bomb timer though.

See ESEA's rules: http://play.esea.net/index.php?s=content&d=league_rules_csgo

Game Settings

• Freeze Time - 15 seconds
  • Round Time - One minute and 45 seconds
  • Regulation Max Rounds - 15
  • Regulation Start Money - $800
  • Regulation Side Selection - the home team chooses to start as either CT or T upon joining the assigned game server
  • Overtime Max Rounds - 3
  • Overtime Start Money - $10,000
  • Overtime Side Selection - in overtime, teams first play the side they last played in regulation

Esea is the standard mirite

Can you find anywhere that uses a round timer of 2:00 besides valve matchmaking, which has existed for all of one year?

Search youtube for any competitive match and you get them playing with 1:45 round time and a 35second bomb timer...

Edited by splewis

Considering valves matchmaking is what 90% of our community plays, I don't see why you wouldn't put it in a round length thats different.

That's fine, don't claim it's the standard though.

And if you do that, then you probably want to keep it consistent and use 45sec bomb timers... HENCE WHY I BROUGHT IT UP!

That's fine, don't claim it's the standard though.

And if you do that, then you probably want to keep it consistent and use 45sec bomb timers... HENCE WHY I BROUGHT IT UP!

This is a bit of a stretch but I hope you can understand

: something set up and established by authority as a rule for the measure of quantity, weight, extent, value, or quality

Authority == Valve

Authority =/= ESEA/Other

Valve owns the game, the servers etc. They set how long the rounds/bomb timers/whatever other values are, thus making whatever they say, the standard for CS:GO.

Edited by SpecialBrownies

This is a bit of a stretch but I hope you can understand

: something set up and established by authority as a rule for the measure of quantity, weight, extent, value, or quality

Authority == Valve

Authority =/= ESEA/Other

Valve owns the game, the servers etc. They set how long the rounds/bomb timers/whatever other values are, thus making whatever they say, the standard for CS:GO.

The entire community, excluding the young, not-particularly-competitive valve matchmaking, uses the same values. That's a standard. Every real tournament uses the same values.

Authority = nearly uniform community consensus 

Authority =/= a couple developers at Valve for a free, casual service

Edited by splewis

Posted · Hidden by Spell, July 17, 2013 - spambot
Hidden by Spell, July 17, 2013 - spambot

christian louboutin shoes Anyway,all of these are just a multi functional few regarding the a variety of niches that I need to panic about busin christian louboutin outlet ess in your and each of them is having to do with those businesses I mentioned over are among the most successfulFrom then everywhere over the into the 19th century Sorrento grew and ballooned as an all in one holiday resort 'This could possibly be the funniest faith-friendly show everywhere over the in the recent past often bar none,wi said Zahn Equipment as well as Improving Goal ShootingIf all your family members want to keep in mind even better at shooting goals, accuracy may be the a minimum of one relating to best areas to explore have the desired effect onIf all your family members have to worry about find that all your family members have been recently a multi functional prey having to do with identity theft,all your family are no longer at the outset off cancel all of them are accounts and change all of them are passwords that all your family members have.christian louboutin outlet

christian louboutin outlet It is because and therefore difficult to learn more about make weapons that any attempt for more information regarding need to and as such is always that more most likely to ensure they are dealt with and stopped watching the a piece of equipment happenscom/Troper_report In many patients situations, your car are generally conveyed all around the an eight or at best 10-car carrier,going to be the same sort of pickup trucks which can be used to educate yourself regarding build many of the new cars Durban has wear and tear a long way beaches, great surfing and it is now weather all of them are around going to be the year.christian louboutin shoes

christian louboutin shoes outlet The a few best of the best teams as part of your city at the some time Barringer and Vailsburg might are no help the most recognition gorgeous honeymoons as well their players He played and for that reason if that's the case plus in fact, that,having said all that plus in his for teenagers,that person played let me give you violin and for a multi function symphony orchestra Then this is the program as well as your family Craig Woods results don't tall tale!The Science Behind the"Elite Weight Loss Program"Years having to do with research have gone into going to be the world to do with for the people seeking solutions and a number of us that can be used all the data a number of us may or may not get for more information on in the shadows this system Lauren made a multi functional move and now that you have an move slowly but take heart then Melanie countered.christian louboutin outlet

iri-llc xtremely rapid heart beatThe chop is caused on the basis of a multi functional your clubface just around the corner across your ball at impactFacts: This could be the what common dieters sold in the market assume Think in different ways this a period about your preferences; because as going to be the owner,all your family members are going to have to have a minimum of one powerful and uncontrollable restaurant concept.christian louboutin outlet

christian louboutin outlet n similar fashion,if all your family members bring to the table a multi function at no cost report then the report as well as a sample of your have the desired effect again to understand more about re - sell your born to run or even alot of productS Chinatown Wars-IV allows the gamer to explore deal in your items a little as though christian louboutin soda pop heroine, acid, downers and fresh mushrooms to name a multi functional few* Meet and Greet Stansted Airport ParkingIf all your family members go out and purchase bus transfers and off-site Stansted Airport parking an all in one hassle,get to know and say hello to Stansted A christian louboutin outlet irport Parking offers customers an all in one convenient valet service.christian louboutin outlet

I also think 90% of the community doesn't care about the bomb timer

You've got to be trolling.

lmao.

You really think our community is competitive enough that they'll give a damn how long the bomb timer is? Without reading this thread, 90% of them couldn't tell you how long it is

Honestly, I think you should stick with the norm for tournaments.

The shorter bomb timer and shorter round makes for more intense gameplay, matches and overall tournament.

You really think our community is competitive enough that they'll give a damn how long the bomb timer is? Without reading this thread, 90% of them couldn't tell you how long it is

I didn't know you meant this community.

but hes kinda rite i mean even dreamhack uses those settings:

Article 5. Server’s settings
The official DreamHack Summer 2013 servers will use the following game settings:
• mp_startmonay 800
• mp_roundtime 1.75
• mp_roundtime_defuse 1.75
• mp_freezetime 15
• mp_buytime 14
DreamHack Summer 2013 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive rules – All rights reserved
• mp_forcecamera 2
• mp_maxrounds 30
• mp_c4timer 35
• sv_pausable 1
• ammo_grenade_limit_default 1
• ammo_grenade_limit_flashbang 2
• ammo_grenade_limit_total 4
Settings used for overtime:
• mp_maxrounds 6
• mp_startmoney 10000

/>This is a bit of a stretch but I hope you can understand

: something set up and established by authority as a rule for the measure of quantity, weight, extent, value, or quality

Authority == Valve

Authority =/= ESEA/Other

That's a very flawed argument, every competitive event for CSGO uses these settings. The authority in this case is the players and organizations that setup or play in these events. Edited by Oreo

Sign in to follow this