Sign in to follow this  
Name

Tooltips

At the moment, tooltips vary from pretty good to terrible. For example, take a look at the Cannibal's abilities. Worst. Descriptions. I have no fucking idea what Ravage is supposed to do. "Makes you more vicious". So, as opposed to just bitching about it, is there anything I as a normal user can do to help? I'd like to rewrite tooltips to be more specific, but I don't have the code in front of me, and I probably lack the know-how to decipher it. Is there anything I can do?

Also, I think the best way to represent an ability is not a range (0-75) but with precise numbers. For example, the ghost class has 5 levels of invisibility. Describe it as (15/30/45/60/75)% invisibility.

I agree with this completely and also would like to know if there actually is anything we can do.

I asked Thorgot not too long ago but again a lot of it has to do with things I don't know.

Even if it's as simple as us typing out each definition and having it added manually.

The only one i've seen that needs clarification is the ice dragon, which for one of them says it makes it "clear as ice". I don't know if that's invisible, or just clear, or what.

Spitfire said he would make a guide, which would be really helpful, so maybe he can add them in there.

File a bug if a race's skill descriptions are too vague and we'll make them clearer. Some of them are from WCS and need to be more specific, such as Tatsu Ice Dragon.

This really isn't a big issue, I'll probably be able to get around to doing all race descriptions appropriately (like how Elemental is done) by Thursday night, that is unless Mimic or Thorgot get to it before me haha.

I still can't cast my abilities... Oh Nvm, im just being bad. But on the issue at hand, he's right a simple look around some of the abilities that aren't self explanatory need some clarification. People need to use the war3bug command effectively tho to get them going. So.... Giddyup people.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Undead Scourge

Vampiric Aura - Your attacks return (x/x/x/x)% of the damage as life. Leeched life cannot exceed x HP.

Unholy Aura - You move (x/x/x/x)% faster.

Levitation - You have (x/x/x/x)% less gravity.

Suicide Bomber - On death, you explode, dealing (x/x/x/x) damage in an (x/x/x/x) radius around you. Damage decreases as distance increases.

This is just a sample of what I'd like to see for the tooltips. The current undead scourge tooltips lists vamp aura as 25%, no matter what level, same with Unholy Aura and Levitation.

Basically it would be really nice if every race had numerical descriptions. There's a ton of races with invis/speed/health that don't give values, and abilities that aren't descriptive (Cannibal anyone?).