Sign in to follow this  
Quayle

TTT Newb

So I saw we had a server for this and have seen something about it before so I just bought Garry's Mod to play this. Any tips for a new guy just starting? I'm reading the Help section on TTT website. But just looking for other tips and such.

Press f1. 

When you're a traitor, try to kill and hang your victims, hone your skills and time yourself, be quick and make fascinating art.  Hanging dead corpses in this game gives off such an ecstasy... Or at least it does for me..  

Buy weapons as a traitor and detective to make your life a little easier, as an inno, go for weapons like the deagle and scout and aim for the head to get quick kills.

Don't kill people without proof or based on suspicion, you gotta have proof everyone will agree on for a valid kill, or see it.

Edit: Don't stand still, ever. Strafe from side to side and don't give people the opportunity to kill you.

Hanging bodies does nothing, it just looks cool, and gives me boners.

As a detective, hit 9 and press mouse 1 to get DNA, from a slain innocent or detective, it'll lead you to the killer, if he was killed by something unother than a sniper from a far, or a silenced pistol or tmp.

Nyan gun heals people.

http://motd.joinsg.net/pages/server-rules/gmod-ttt.php

Edited by JMaFia

mafia covered a lot of it

just start playing man go with the flow dont be quick on the trigger just start off slow and the more you play the more the more natural it will feel 

its like clue in a sense

dont kill people as an innocent unless youre 75-100% (preferably 100%) sure that theyre a traitor

like i said just start playing go with the flow and have fun 

youll be a pro in no-time

Press f1. 

When you're a traitor, try to kill and hang your victims, hone your skills and time yourself, be quick and make fascinating art.  Hanging dead corpses in this game gives off such an ecstasy... Or at last it does for me..  

Buy weapons as a traitor and detective to make your life a little easier, as an inno, go for weapons like the deagle and scout and aim for the head to get quick kills.

Don't kill people without proof or based on suspicion, you gotta have proof everyone will agree on for a valid kill, or see it.

Edit: Don't stand still, ever. Strafe from side to side and don't give people the opportunity kill you.

Hanging bodies does nothing, it just looks cool, and gives me boners.

As a detective, hit 9 and press mouse 1 to get DNA, from a slain innocent or detective, it'll lead you to the killer, if he was killed by something unother then a sniper from far, or a silenced pistol or tmp.

Nyan gun heals people.

http://motd.joinsg.net/pages/server-rules/gmod-ttt.php

Oh and make sure to take screenshots of your masterpieces.

I keep getting disconnected because the client times out or something, anyone else having this issue?

I think it might be a steam issue guys, I'm getting it as well. Could also be a server issue as well but steam likes to do this on other games from time to time...

I have that good feeling they pull it out of a hat which game they shall screw with next :c

~Blackie

I keep getting disconnected because the client times out or something, anyone else having this issue?

Yeah it's a vac issue with gmod been happening on every server, I've disabled vac for the time being.

We have alternative scripts in place to ban hackers anyways.