Sign in to follow this  
John_Madden

Arma 3 Beta

The Arma 3 Beta was released today for those who didn't know. Comment below what you think of it. Personally, I think that the game plays alot better. The movement felt smoother, except for the chopper ride in the "Combined Arms" showcase. The game felt more fast paced as well.

i get horrible fps on it, don't know why

Try to edit your graphics a LOT. There's a couple threads on reddit.com/r/Arma stating how to un-lag your game, read those to help you out.

OT: Yeah, really liking it. Can't wait for more maps/bigger maps. Stratis is terrible for Wasteland, Big Domination, though it's actually like the perfect size for Stratis Life. 

I'm still having a blast attaching things to other things. :)

I got the Alpha a while back. It was pretty glitchy and I honestly just got it for the mods, so I haven't played it that much. The campaign was confusing, especially the diving one.

Try to edit your graphics a LOT. There's a couple threads on reddit.com/r/Arma stating how to un-lag your game, read those to help you out.

OT: Yeah, really liking it. Can't wait for more maps/bigger maps. Stratis is terrible for Wasteland, Big Domination, though it's actually like the perfect size for Stratis Life. 

I'm still having a blast attaching things to other things. :)

it's anything to do with my hardware, i have quite a good pc, no matter what settings im on I get 20 fps, on ultra or very low, I changed every single setting and tried a bunch of shit but it never worked, I can run arma 2 with atleast 60 fps on very high

Personally the game runs fine for me but i have heard of alot of ppl complaining about bad fps and so on which leads me to believe there will be a hotfix very, very soon. But other  than that it seems like the same as alpha just smoother imo.