Sign in to follow this  
fontaine

E3 2013 - Sony Discussion

you don't have to pay for xbox live or anything, though, right?

No, but the whole reason people bought ps3 was because you didn't have to pay for internet. Now that they are charging they might have others thinking twice.

No, but the whole reason people bought ps3 was because you didn't have to pay for internet. Now that they are charging they might have others thinking twice.

Xbox One doesn't play used games and is $100 more. What's there to think twice about?

well, $399 vs $499 for the initial price. PS plus for $50 a year vs $60 a year for xbox live. $100 games for both. better exclusives (IMO), no shitty DRM, no always on kinect, the list goes on and on.

cheaper, better for hardcore and general consumer, great exclusives along with some promising innovations ... PS3 owners will probably buy PS4. new console owners have a compelling choice to make and Xbox owners will probably consider both systems in depth, balancing what they are going to get vs. what they are going to be missing.

Wasn't following it :( but does it have backward compatibility? 

Definitely not for PS3 games.  No word on PS2 or PS1, but seems unlikely.  They made some mention of it being able to stream old games to it with their Gaikai service, but no real details.

Not from what I read about it. Apparently they just announced FF15 w/ no footage and then showed a trailer for FF13v (which they said would have more details in the next few days). Maybe my source is wrong - was eating dinner and didnt watch the conference. http://www.gamespot.com/e3/square-enix-reveals-final-fantasy-xv-for-ps4-6409673/

Edit: Reading the comment, seems y'all are right. Oh well, at least they're finally making that game they announced years ago.

Also, plays used games > already better than the xbox one lol.

you forgot about FFX HD remake and KH 1.5

Definitely not for PS3 games.  No word on PS2 or PS1, but seems unlikely.  They made some mention of it being able to stream old games to it with their Gaikai service, but no real details.

and now you have to pay for the services like how xbox does with live?

Guest Fohacidal

Consoles are such garbage.

I honestly dont get this sentiment anymore. I feel like the only people who say it are trolls or self-entitled too-edgy-for-social-interaction neckbeards.

I enjoy consoles for laying back, sitting on the couch, and casually playing a game. Consoles have their use, and so do PCs. I think I'll be getting a PS4 for exclusives, and just use my PC for Microsoft games (Titanfall for example), as well as other games that the PC would be best for.

I enjoy consoles for laying back, sitting on the couch, and casually playing a game. Consoles have their use, and so do PCs. I think I'll be getting a PS4 for exclusives, and just use my PC for Microsoft games (Titanfall for example), as well as other games that the PC would be best for.

pretty much this. i play consoles to play exclusives and to play with friends that don't play PC games, which is plenty. we all buy the new CoDs when they come out, and we all have a great time. nothing lost.

pretty much this. i play consoles to play exclusives and to play with friends that don't play PC games, which is plenty. we all buy the new CoDs when they come out, and we all have a great time. nothing lost.

dis

I honestly dont get this sentiment anymore. I feel like the only people who say it are trolls or self-entitled too-edgy-for-social-interaction neckbeards.

What do you mean "anymore"? Consoles are more garbage now than they have ever been in the past. The Wii-U is dumb and doesn't interest anyone, the Xbox One is dumb and doesn't interest anyone, and the PS4 is only good for the eventual exclusives it'll get, and even then you have to pay for online now too. There's just no appeal for someone who has a decent PC and a PS2 kicking around for when their friends come over and want to get their asses whooped in tekken.

What do you mean "anymore"? Consoles are more garbage now than they have ever been in the past. The Wii-U is dumb and doesn't interest anyone, the Xbox One is dumb and doesn't interest anyone, and the PS4 is only good for the eventual exclusives it'll get, and even then you have to pay for online now too. There's just no appeal for someone who has a decent PC and a PS2 kicking around for when their friends come over and want to get their asses whooped in tekken.

It may not appeal to you specifically, but I have an above average PC and still have a ps1, ps2, and other old systems but I am still looking forward to the ps4. Just because you feel there is not point in buying it doesn't mean everybody else has the same opinion.