Sign in to follow this  
I Am Mr. Big ((:))+<

Best Gaming Laptop for College Students?

Not sure why you're so bent on getting a laptop that can run games if you don't even need the portability.

I mean it's just for convenience when I go home or something. I recall having a mini sized desktop before. Are there ones that are smaller than the average tower ones and can be easily moved around? Because then it makes me nervous for its durability

I'm not saying games are more important than school. I did quite well throughout high school and I have self control. I just hate the fact that I cannot play the games I want to. Unwinding after a stressful day with games has helped me a lot in the past, and you have a lot more down time in college. Studying, obviously, eats much of that time. But I'm not worried, I'm diabetic so drinking/partying isn't something I'm interested in. I love working out (although I look quite small) and swimming. As long as I have a place to eat, sleep, study, I'm happy. Playing games is just a reward to myself for going through all the stress of the work needed.

My laptop would stay in a dorm. It will *not* leave it unless I go home. I'm not going to "play CS:GO in the library". An old fashioned notebook would be all I'll need for school, if anything was needed more, I'd get a tablet, no worries. I have scholarship money I've been saving and I work full time as a head lifeguard at my pool. My school also gave me enough money that I won't need to worry about student loans or anything else. I'm just confused as to why everybody is bent on freaking a shit and getting on my case. 

You've obviously missed the entire point. You can read what BananaPeelz wrote to understand what EVERYONE else in here has been trying to reason.

Because as you said your laptop would never leave your room nullifying the need for a gaming laptop. It would be much smarter, in terms of gaming power and money, to just get a desktop and a cheap very portable laptop/tablet for school. Not sure why you're so bent on getting a laptop that can run games if you don't even need the portability.

If you are going to school out of state and are not driving there to move, then yes, I would understand why a laptop with gaming potential would be a good option (I did this when I went to Korea, but by no means is my laptop a 'gaming laptop' - it can just run dota and csgo at a decent fps). But if you're driving to your school to move, why not get a desktop that is cheaper, more powerful, and will last much longer? Especially if you don't plan on moving it from your dorm?