Sign in to follow this  
Goldentongue

Hilarious ABC investigation video on race and gender stereotypes

"Wearing approximately the same clothing" - Black guy low riding, long ass tshirt, sideways hat looking like a goon, if I saw a white guy dressed that way I'd suspect something too. However its retarded no one acted when white guy said its not his

Edited by Smooth-eh

"you wouldn't happen to know whose bike this is, would you?"

... worst fucking acting.

That was the point of the acting....to be blatantly stealing the bike... They probably had the same lines for each actor as well. The point was how the public reacted but there's a possibility that there were similar reactions to the black guy and those were cut out.

Edited by Oreo

They werent that similar, no one called the police on the white guy, maybe stopped him for a second. Then when it was the black guy people went fucking nuts. Not sure if they would have cut something out like that. The end was glorious though. Have to admit.

That was the point of the acting....to be blatantly stealing the bike... They probably had the same lines for each actor as well. The point was how the public reacted but there's a possibility that there were similar reactions to the black guy and those were cut out.

The problem is, no actual bike thief would talk like that. If I heard someone use that phrase, I would instantly assume something weird was going on because no bike thief would ever be dumb enough to say that.

The problem is, no actual bike thief would talk like that. If I heard someone use that phrase, I would instantly assume something weird was going on because no bike thief would ever be dumb enough to say that.

That's one of the factors to it, alongside the fact that racial bias could lead people to think a black man wasn't joking or was actually stupid enough to do it. Whereas racial bias would support the white people as bystanders would think it to be more of a joke and not sure if the person was that unintelligent.

I think it would have been more interesting if the black kid said he wasn't stealing the bike to see how many people would still think that he was stealing it. And the girl at the end.. people straight up helping her steal the bike lmao.